• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Live Phyto 16oz nannochloropsis $10+ shipping

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just harvested some Phytoplankton thats ready to be shipped using USPS Priority mail. 16 oz bottles will not fit in small box so shipping is starting at $15.05 for the medium or 21.10 for the large. Measured to be about 20 million cells per ml. As long as this is shaken on a consistent basis it lasts for MONTHS! Cool packs/insulation will be used if needed.

DOA: If somehow the phyto is "dead" on arrival a picture/video must be provided by the end of the day and a refund of the phyto minus shipping will be sent if necessary.
IMG_2345.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump! Havrested a batch yesterday 11/29/20. I have found for my cultures these last in the fridge for around 5-5.5 months if properly taken care of (done this by culturing a set from 5.5 months ago).
IMG_2611.jpeg
IMG_2612.jpeg

zip70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how long this one can live in room temperature? Can I just dose it with my dosing pump? Say 20ml a day in room temperature.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So how long this one can live in room temperature? Can I just dose it with my dosing pump? Say 20ml a day in room temperature.
Its not great to keep out of the fridge as it drops its viability im just not sure how much. Phyto needs to be shaken consistently or the cells will settle on one another and suffocate causing them to die and foul the phyto. I used to dose them with a jeabo doser and would only leave enough out for no more than a week on a magnetic stirrer running 24/7. I figured a week at a time is fine as thats how long it cultures for.

zip70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not great to keep out of the fridge as it drops its viability im just not sure how much. Phyto needs to be shaken consistently or the cells will settle on one another and suffocate causing them to die and foul the phyto. I used to dose them with a jeabo doser and would only leave enough out for no more than a week on a magnetic stirrer running 24/7. I figured a week at a time is fine as thats how long it cultures for.
Thank you Sir. You answered my question. Happy New Year

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back