Live pod

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi friend,

I’m from Vietnam. I sent an email to Algagen but no reply.

I would like ask my friend from US to buy me some bottles of Algagen pod from your site. Do you think it still alive when coming Vietnam?

Best regards
Khanh

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi friend,

I’m from Vietnam. I sent an email to Algagen but no reply.

I would like ask my friend from US to buy me some bottles of Algagen pod from your site. Do you think it still alive when coming Vietnam?

Best regards
Khanh

We reached out to AlgaGen as well on your behalf. Since it is a holiday weekend here in the U.S., I am not 100% sure whether we'll hear back right away. Depending on their answer, we'll certainly honor the Memorial Day Sale price for you. Frankly, they have way more experience shipping live pods than we do ... so we're going to trust their judgement here about whether this is wise to attempt and, if so, what recommendations they may have to try and ensure a safe arrival. As soon as we hear back, we'll be in touch! If you hear back before us and the response is favorable, by all means go ahead and place your order on our site. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. :D

Talk soon,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks so much Jeff

Hi Khanh,

I haven't heard back from AlgaGen yet so I just sent another email to my contact there rather than just the general support box to see if I get a response.

Have you heard anything?

Thanks,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
K

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Khanh,

I haven't heard back from AlgaGen yet so I just sent another email to my contact there rather than just the general support box to see if I get a response.

Have you heard anything?

Thanks,

Jeff @ Marine Depot
No, I have not. Thanks again Jeff

Have a nice day
Khanh

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
No, I have not. Thanks again Jeff

Have a nice day
Khanh

Hi Khanh,

Here is what AlgaGen told me.

It is a crap shoot shipping to another country. We do not do it unless there is an order exceeding $500. Our rates are not super and sometimes customs does not know what they are doing; whether to accept algae/copepods or not or even how to classify them.

We would support you if you wanted to try and can get you the certificate of origin, etc

OP
OP
K

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Khanh,

Here is what AlgaGen told me.

It is a crap shoot shipping to another country. We do not do it unless there is an order exceeding $500. Our rates are not super and sometimes customs does not know what they are doing; whether to accept algae/copepods or not or even how to classify them.

We would support you if you wanted to try and can get you the certificate of origin, etc
Thanks Jeff. But AlgaGen may missunderstand, my friend from US will buy from you - marinedepot and she will send to Vietnam herself.

It takes 10 days or 2 weeks to get Vietnam. So my question is will the pod be alive when coming Vietnam?

Regards
Khanh

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff. But AlgaGen may missunderstand, my friend from US will buy from you - marinedepot and she will send to Vietnam herself.

It takes 10 days or 2 weeks to get Vietnam. So my question is will the pod be alive when coming Vietnam?

Regards
Khanh

Hi Khanh,

Yeah, that answer did completely miss the mark. Sorry about that! I asked Erik at AlgaGen again for clarity but it sounds like from his response that they would. I will follow up once again. Once again I apologize for not directly answering your question. I just don't want to steer you wrong and have you be disappointed. I want to make sure your pods arrive alive!

Talk soon,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
K

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Don’t mention it :) I’m waiting for your reply

Thanks again Jeff
Khanh

OP
OP
K

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Thanks again Jeff
Khanh

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

Thanks again Jeff
Khanh

Hi Khanh,

AlgaGen told us: "It depends on the Copepod. Apo and Tisbe could survive the trip-provided it does not get too warm. We pack with cool packs, styro, etc but that only lasts for a finite period of time. It would be better to ship direct and cut down the amount of time spent in packaging."

They encouraged me to have you contact them directly so they can help you make arrangements. I will PM you their email address.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
K

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve got the email address. Thanks so much for your help Jeff :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back