Live Rock and Sand - Post Dino Biome Build

wtdenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to be able to beat back a total tank infestation of dinos after about a month with minimal casualties. It was very grim for a bit especially when they started smothering my coral. The amount of information I used to help win the battle from this forum was immense. Very lucky and thankful! Now in my pursuit of building a better biome to help stabilize my tank long-term I've received some live rock and sand from the gulf courtesy of TBS @LiverockRocks . I currently have everything in a 5gallon quarantine tank. I must say observing the immense amount of life included on these rocks is just as enjoyable as watching my fish and coral in my display!

Wanted to share some pics, say thank you to everyone who has posted in the dino threads, and a big thank you to @LiverockRocks for providing me this incredible rock and sand that will help me build a last biome that will propel my tank's future success.

1657894671846.jpeg

1657894717669.jpeg

1657894814846.jpeg

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was lucky enough to be able to beat back a total tank infestation of dinos after about a month with minimal casualties. It was very grim for a bit especially when they started smothering my coral. The amount of information I used to help win the battle from this forum was immense. Very lucky and thankful! Now in my pursuit of building a better biome to help stabilize my tank long-term I've received some live rock and sand from the gulf courtesy of TBS @LiverockRocks . I currently have everything in a 5gallon quarantine tank. I must say observing the immense amount of life included on these rocks is just as enjoyable as watching my fish and coral in my display!

Wanted to share some pics, say thank you to everyone who has posted in the dino threads, and a big thank you to @LiverockRocks for providing me this incredible rock and sand that will help me build a last biome that will propel my tank's future success.

1657894671846.jpeg

1657894717669.jpeg

1657894814846.jpeg
Love to see this method of creating a healthy system naturally. An "observation tank" is a great way to check out critters that come in on ocean aquacultured live rock and sand. It is vital to have flow, light and quality water in an observation tank. Great job and all the best.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back