Live Rock - Best Shops in Richmond?

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Richmond Reefers,

I live in Roanoke and have several existing tanks. I'm starting a new 50G cube and wanted to do a little more with the aqua-scaping than just a rock wall. It's going in my bedroom and the wife is on board with doing this right (whew!!!). So, I wanted to check if there are any really nice shops in Richmond that have a good selection of live rock? We have a spot here in Roanoke, but it is just OK as far as selection. I really want to be able to see a variety of rock styles and shapes, then have the time to pick and match the rocks to get that perfect "scape".

Also, just checking if anyone has had long term success using:

I like the designs, but they are pricy. I have looked on IG and other spots to see someone with a full blown healthy reef that started with one of their designs, but cannot find any pics showing coralline growing on the structure. So, I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on something so pricy if it may leach phosphate or screw up the pH due to the material.

So, any suggestions of "must see" shops with a good variety of live and uncured rock would be most appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Will & Ash

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefology RVA?? Do they have a store front? I am in Powhatan and have never seen them. Do you know who the owner is by chance?

thanks

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thanks for the inside scoop. We have a couple of shops here in Roanoke, but nothing big. I remember a buddy showing me a shop years ago that had 1000g+ tanks. It was really amazing. I'll need to slate a weekend to come into town and check them out.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back