Live Sand trade or buy - I want more worms / critters

Vinstr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a Deep Sand Bed and have had it for a few years. I want to increase the amount of worms and other critters in it and was looking online for a place to buy some (not the pre-packaged "Live Sand" that is sold everywhere). The only place I could find is here, but have never used them: http://www.ipsf.com/livesand.html

Before buying anything I thought I would see if anyone else runs a DSB and has a thriving bed with tons of worms, etc and would like to sell or trade a quart or two of live sand? Or if not, if you know of any other place selling them? I am not looking for a traditional clean up crew that you can buy anywhere. I really want the fauna that live in the sand and sift through it.

Thanks!
Vince

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gulf live rock and Tampa bay saltwater both sell live sand that’s collected from the ocean. Not sure if they are shipping right now but they both reply to emails pretty quickly. Have you checked them out?

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you decide to go with either of those two could you please post pictures? I’ve considered adding sand to my next live rock order, probably from gulfliverock.

OP
OP
V

Vinstr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like only Gulfliverock sells sand. I am not sure about ordering as its taken directly from the ocean and I dont want to risk any bad stuff entering my tank. I am going to try and find another hobbyist with a mature DSB to try and trade with first. If I end up ordering I'll let you know. Thanks again!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link to the thread! I emailed you guys last night about doing an order for the beginning of the year - local pick up. You have an awesome operation. I would call it a dream job but I bet your back doesn't think so. Incredible stuff. I am looking forward to the authenticity of switching up to real Florida sand in my new build. Are there any risks of illness pulling live from the Gulf? Do I need to have any medication on hand?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back