*** Live with Reef2Reef Video Series? We need your ideas! ***

astridaly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would love to see particular talk about certain corals!!! I think that it would be awesome to see a post dedicated to a type of coral.

3dCanuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!! So we've been kicking around the idea of starting a video series where we discuss different reef topics hosted by Rev himself!

We've got some really cool ideas already brewing on this. This could be anything from interviews with industry experts, topic discussions, the SKY'S THE LIMIT! ...who knows...maybe we'll even see Rev's 400g tank in there at some point (He has a build thread he sometimes visits...) or even Leroy, the R2R mascot!

2.JPG

3.JPG

...but we're wondering...

What are some things you guys would like to see us talk about? Give us some topic ideas!

1.jpg

And, what should we call it?​
Would love to see more about sand qualities and maintenance
Great title would be
Tanks for the help

Dansonic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see different auto water change setup and talk about Pro and Con for each setup.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know these have probably been mentioned, but a coral 'spotlight' video would be cool. Maybe a video series on TOTM or 365 where winner describes their tank, equip etc. There was mention of International methods, def. agree with this one.

Mrreefercanada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see some advanced reef water flow discussions maybe with some design ideas for general set ups. Wavemakers? Power heads ? Open or closed loop systems?

dlegare

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!! So we've been kicking around the idea of starting a video series where we discuss different reef topics hosted by Rev himself!

We've got some really cool ideas already brewing on this. This could be anything from interviews with industry experts, topic discussions, the SKY'S THE LIMIT! ...who knows...maybe we'll even see Rev's 400g tank in there at some point (He has a build thread he sometimes visits...) or even Leroy, the R2R mascot!

2.JPG

3.JPG

...but we're wondering...

What are some things you guys would like to see us talk about? Give us some topic ideas!

1.jpg

And, what should we call it?​
I would like to see a video series on the benefits and drawbacks of using the various "Mud" products like Miracle Mud and LifeSource. Maybe even a series on how increasing microfauna biodiversity can help stabilize reef systems.

SeZMehK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some topics I would like to see discussed as follows:
- Coral placement
- "What is the hottest coral on the market?:
- Ideas as to what may be the next trendy coral to get ahead of the curve
- Tips of coral and fish combinations.

WannaBSpaghetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really like to see an episode where a series of all-in-one systems are set up with only what comes in the box with a reasonably uniform aquascape and bioload and see how they hold up in comparison to one another. So many companies boast no additional equipment required - I would like to see that put to the test.

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OFFICIAL ENTRY:

Name Idea: The Rev Talks

I would like to see a discussion regarding collection of animals and critters from the oceans. Both to learn how it is done, and from a hobbyist collectors standpoint.

Last edited:

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stability of the tank when using dead rock vs live rock, also the time that will take to fully mature between the two scenarios and possible problems and issues that can affect the tank. Props and const.

Mykawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to see more comparisons between reef tanks and the ocean, maybe perspectives from divers noting the type of flows/lights/nutrients observed so we can better recreate that in the reef tank. And someone take a par meter down there! And w/e device is needed to record what spectrums are most prevalent, (I know mainly blues but more specifics would be nice).

But mainly I want us to circle back to basics and develop and simple and easy to implement complete reef tank ecosystem. That being a sustainable phyto/zoo plankton in balance with inverts and fish.

And are there any big things reef tanks are missing that the is important to the oceans system.

What is the ocean doing that we’re not?

bubbasguppies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to see a conclusive study done on whether or not simulating "weather" patterns aka respiration peaks for LED lights actually makes a difference in coral growth compared to running full blast.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest a short segment to review and give thoughts on some of the trending issue posts from the forums. Maybe look to see what are the "Big Issues" everyone is asking for help with, and then do a few minutes to give advice on that "Big Issue".

Not the whole thing of course, but like a closer to end it with.

Lorenzo Angotti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see the best fish food or coral food that are tried and tested and have minimal chances of leaching Nitrates, because isn’t it about time that frozen cubes of Mysis, brine shrimp etc. Don’t carry the extra gunk that you have to rinse out. When I freeze my own mix with RO water in a ice cube tray I know it will be fine. Now you may ask why do I bother buying frozen food when I make my own, the problem is I don’t always have time and it’s handy to buy already made.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back