LiveAquaria Debuts Professional Reef Salt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Professional Reef Salt is a new seawater mix from the one and only LiveAquaria, America’s powerhouse for quality online aquarium livestock. For years LiveAquaria relied on Reef Crystals as their exclusive formula in the coral farm and fish holding facility but over the last six months they’ve gravitated towards a salt blend that is more […]

Continue reading...

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Professional Reef Salt is a new seawater mix from the one and only LiveAquaria, America’s powerhouse for quality online aquarium livestock. For years LiveAquaria relied on Reef Crystals as their exclusive formula in the coral farm and fish holding facility but over the last six months they’ve gravitated towards a salt blend that is more […]

Continue reading...
We need a new salt mix like another hole to the head, but like those #'s.
Almost matches the Fritz RPM but they have been having bad batches of late.

They must prove that they can make that salt consistently from bucket to bucket or batch to batch over the long haul before I'm in.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards, GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do the rest of you thin? I am debating placing an order for some.
Gotfrogs,
Lol...
You buy it and if it mixes to those parameters, then I may follow your lead.

Do you know what the pricing is on the mix?

Freddie

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After further review I'm not going with the LiveAquaia mix.

It looks like the identical product and specs. as the Fritz RPM, and they have releasing bad batches of late? :(
And could be cause why the QC has gotten out of control for ramping up production for this new LiveAquaria product.

Who else beside Fritz makes a 205, 180 and 53 gallon product that matches the identical boxes, boxes and bags as the Fritz RPM??? :confused:

Can somebody tell me that they are not the same mix / with different labels???

https://fritzaquatics.com/product/rpm-reef-pro-mix/

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/fish-supplies/saltwater-aquarium-salt-water-mix/ps/c/3578/4685

Regards, GoVols

Last edited:

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols they've haD bad batches? I recently switch from RC to Fritz after a bad batch of RC.

Bad batches shouldn't happen. I have a lot of money in my tank and shouldn't be expected to test every bag. I did buy a ton of this salt. The sale was too good. Pretty much unlimited gift cards you can stack.

How are people testing for bad batches? Hobby test kits give false readings IME

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols they've haD bad batches? I recently switch from RC to Fritz after a bad batch of RC.

Bad batches shouldn't happen. I have a lot of money in my tank and shouldn't be expected to test every bag. I did buy a ton of this salt. The sale was too good. Pretty much unlimited gift cards you can stack.

How are people testing for bad batches? Hobby test kits give false readings IME
Roggio,

I was going to go back to the RPM myself, but to me, some bad batches have got out.
Maybe Fritz has resolved it by now.

When I was using it, @ 1.025 sg, it always came to these:
Cal: 430 - 440
Alk: 8 - 8.5 dkh
Mag: 1400 - 1420

But I've been tracking this thread
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/switched-to-fritz-rpm-salt.282493/page-8

:confused:

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols s I bought a ton of the Live Aquaria salt because it was $25 for a 50 gallon bag but you got a gift cert for $25. The website also let you apply a coupon code for 15-20% off. This allowed me to buy products that sales do not apply to at a discount. The problem is the minimal amount of products they carry. I ended up cycling the gift cards and certs till I ended up with a ton of salt super cheap. I will probably use this salt the rest of my life.

AcanSkywalker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After further review I'm not going with the LiveAquaia mix.

It looks like the identical product and specs. as the Fritz RPM, and they have releasing bad batches of late? :(
And could be cause why the QC has gotten out of control for ramping up production for this new LiveAquaria product.

Who else beside Fritz makes a 205, 180 and 53 gallon product that matches the identical boxes, boxes and bags as the Fritz RPM??? :confused:

Can somebody tell me that they are not the same mix / with different labels???

https://fritzaquatics.com/product/rpm-reef-pro-mix/

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/fish-supplies/saltwater-aquarium-salt-water-mix/ps/c/3578/4685

Regards, GoVols
Good call! I just bought a box, mixed some up and it had a yellow almost orange color. Called up DFS and a new box is on the way. In the mean time picked up a box IORC locally. I'll report on the new box asap.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on the new box. I am thinking about the switch as well because I like the "advertised" parameters of this at 1.025.

Back