• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Liveaquaria - going downhill fast or just a coincidence

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not going to rant here on the bad experience I am continuously having with ordering fish from liveaquaria - but have been using them for years but now I am to a point of completely removing them as an option to order from... lost fish, to not updating if fish is shipped, to DOA arrival due to no heat pack! Take a look at the picture of the fish I just received with a heat pack that is not hot any more - the previous order from last week had no heat pack and fish lost.

This is 3 DOA cardinals - temp. at around 55 degrees.

Anyone else having negative experience with them?

cardinals.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've moved down to an absolute last resort for me on sourcing. Between not updating the website and allowing you to purchase a fish they don't have, and not informing you until Delivery date (happened twice back to back) and receiving fish that were Barely healthy enough to survive transport, it's just not worth it any longer to me, personally.

OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks... yea. they used to even give 2 weeks of warranty on fish, which has changed now to a week and credit only. What is the best and most reputable online place these days? a buddy of mine turned me onto https://reefbeauties.com/. seems like he had luck so far and reasonable prices too. NYAquatics is hit/miss too.

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never bought a fish online so I can't relate, I do however hope they step their game back up for others or they are going to get renamed to hopefullyaliveaquaria.com by the industry.

As someone who manages online retail they don't have long at the pace of threads I see everywhere.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks... yea. they used to even give 2 weeks of warranty on fish, which has changed now to a week and credit only. What is the best and most reputable online place these days? a buddy of mine turned me onto https://reefbeauties.com/. seems like he had luck so far and reasonable prices too. NYAquatics is hit/miss too.
I bought most of my fish through them back in the day, primarily because of that 14 day warranty. It would cover the 12 TTM qt that I did.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t get a accurate reading of water temperature with the IR Thermometers. Yes I have one, and I’m very familiar with it’s limits. I had an idea, I presented to them on having fish set to PetCo, but they didn’t reply back
image.jpg

reefah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've moved down to an absolute last resort for me on sourcing. Between not updating the website and allowing you to purchase a fish they don't have, and not informing you until Delivery date (happened twice back to back) and receiving fish that were Barely healthy enough to survive transport, it's just not worth it any longer to me, personally.
This exactly. I recently purchased in stock yellow tang which was not actually in stock. They shipped a yellow tang to me 3 weeks later which was DOA poor little guy :/ then they told me yikes no worries we will send another once we get more which is in a month or so. Two months later i finally got him safely. Never again. I’ll stick to LFS

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can’t get a accurate reading of water temperature with the IR Thermometers. Yes I have one, and I’m very familiar with it’s limits. I had an idea, I presented to them on having fish set to PetCo, but they didn’t reply back
image.jpg

Why would they send fish to Petco?

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
PetCo Owned LiveAquaria, in the past when they bought Drs Foster and Smith. From what I understand all their Fish come from them.

‘owned’ (past tense) being the important word. Petco sold Liveaquaria 18 months ago. Previous threads have suggested Petco gets their fish from Quality Marine and ORA, but I don’t know that as fact.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah they’ve been trending down….
most/all fish either come from ORA, Biota or the deep blue sea …. it’s the post catch handling that matters

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had four deliveries of dead fish. So if you have a $20 fish that's DOA, you have to pay another $40 for shipping. Now your $20 + $40 + $40 fish is $100. Better off buying local.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA on their website still comes packed appropriately as they come directly from ORA.

Anything else, even DD... order hardy stuff only. Probably not fish... the packing sucks.

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
‘owned’ (past tense) being the important word. Petco sold Liveaquaria 18 months ago. Previous threads have suggested Petco gets their fish from Quality Marine and ORA, but I don’t know that as fact.

Live aquaria gets all its livestock from quality marine. If you order non-DD fish, they come from QMs facility under LAs name.

kingjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not going to rant here on the bad experience I am continuously having with ordering fish from liveaquaria - but have been using them for years but now I am to a point of completely removing them as an option to order from... lost fish, to not updating if fish is shipped, to DOA arrival due to no heat pack! Take a look at the picture of the fish I just received with a heat pack that is not hot any more - the previous order from last week had no heat pack and fish lost.

This is 3 DOA cardinals - temp. at around 55 degrees.

Anyone else having negative experience with them?

cardinals.jpg
About 12 years ago I thought they were about the best in the business; all the fish and corals I bought from them arrived in great shape and adjusted well to my tanks. (A powder blue that sailed through quarantine with no ecto-parasites!) Last March, after getting back into the hobby, I ordered some fish and corals from them- a few things to get my tanks going, nothing delicate or particularly demanding. The order arrived, and it was s---. I began reading reviews from other buyers and realized that I had made the error of assuming that LA was still good. It was an incredibly disappointing way to step back into a hobby I had been away from for a number of years. I let them know I would not ever buy from them again.

ecrumpler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last order with them was really bad. 10 Divers Den corals tossed into a giant insulated bag and an oversized box. Packed so that they could roll around. The heat pack was put on the OUTSIDE of the insulated bag and the corals were ice cold. Half were DOA. I'm done. Using my credits to buy their drop shipped inverts.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back