• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Liveaquaria - going downhill fast or just a coincidence

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe LA themselves actually only ship from wisconsin and everything else comes directly from wholesale (Quality Marine in LA) or direct from the ORA/Biota facilities in florida.
I believe that someone posted on another LA thread that the new owner (that Petco sold to) dumped Quality Marine and the new owners, possibly have their own importer/wholesaler business.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think florida is direct from ORA no? Or is that only biota? I believe LA themselves actually only ship from wisconsin and everything else comes directly from wholesale (Quality Marine in LA) or direct from the ORA/Biota facilities in florida.

ORA is direct from ORA and will be packaged appropriately. Biota is from Wisconsin facility and has the new poopy packaging.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The problem/complaints ive seen over the last few months has been Packing/packaging and failure to properly do so.
Being in the industry and visiting wholesalers, there was a supervisor assigned for quality control of livestock and shipping.
Apparently, this step has been omitted and has cost them dearly and you would think they would focus on this area and improve packing and transit.

tvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get it, average order has to be over 100.00 with shipping. We pay a separate boxing fee. How many reefers are dishonest???? We just want what we ordered. But you have to prove the live animals died and that it wasn't your fault. They have your money. They hold the cards. This hobby is expensive enough, it has a steep learning curve then add companies with lousy customer service. They need to be voted out of the hobby. With our dollars or lack there of.

tylo92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is the hard part of hobby as where does the responsibility fall. LiveAquaria is just dropping the ball and you are starting at a disadvantage. It appears that they have a major neglect for the very things they sell and are doing nothing to fix it from the continued responses.

djstud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had four deliveries of dead fish. So if you have a $20 fish that's DOA, you have to pay another $40 for shipping. Now your $20 + $40 + $40 fish is $100. Better off buying local.
I would give anything to be able to buy local rather than online. I live in a remote part of the midwest. It is a 5 hour drive, one way, to a LFS. That's a 10 hour drive which obviously does not work.

tylo92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will give liveaquaria's customer service some kudos. They called me to reply and apologized for the California shipment and will refund me those fish. I would not hesitate to order from their Florida facility again as those are still thriving well and were packed excellent, even in freezing temps.

djstud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will give liveaquaria's customer service some kudos. They called me to reply and apologized for the California shipment and will refund me those fish. I would not hesitate to order from their Florida facility again as those are still thriving well and were packed excellent, even in freezing temps.
That is really good to know. I would like to keep them on my list of online sellers that are safe to use.

tylo92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really good to know. I would like to keep them on my list of online sellers that are safe to use.
I would. After the good customer service, I placed another order from their divers den for the St pattys day sale that I just received today. It came healthy and was packed very well. Florida and Wisconsin would still be on my list.

GregL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not going to rant here on the bad experience I am continuously having with ordering fish from liveaquaria - but have been using them for years but now I am to a point of completely removing them as an option to order from... lost fish, to not updating if fish is shipped, to DOA arrival due to no heat pack! Take a look at the picture of the fish I just received with a heat pack that is not hot any more - the previous order from last week had no heat pack and fish lost.

This is 3 DOA cardinals - temp. at around 55 degrees.

Anyone else having negative experience with them?

cardinals.jpg
Dang I have almost the same exact picture! I added the heater seconds later. The poor blenny didn't make it but he never had a chance in my opinion (check out the sunken belly) . I reached out to live aquaria and never got a response. I'll never use them again.

Attachments

• 20220316_163033.jpg
    20220316_163033.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220316_184411.jpg
    20220316_184411.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 40

hqn77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding my rant to the growing list of complaints about @LiveAquaria going downhill. Back in February, order received with 8 fishes. 5 were DOA and 2 didn't make it through a week. Measured temp inside shipping box was 55 degrees when it arrived, and only seeing 1 small heat pack inside. Fast forward, trying to use up the credits and cut ties with this vendor, package arrived this morning. It was shipped from Socal, and I'm in Norcal. Overnight temps were in the high 40s....and to my shock....there were no heat packs in the box. Both fish were still alive, but lethargic. Temp inside box when I open was 62 degrees. Both fishes will probably not make it through the day.

Might be just me here, but common sense dictates that if overnight temps are in the 40s, the cost of a heat pack surely outweighs the cost of losing the value of the fish?? Trying hard to cut loose from this vendor, but the vicious cycle keeps on going.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI if you call and ask they will refund credit to original payment.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got inverts only from them no issue, or worry but inverts are inverts, I get fish locally but lately I've been contemplating on ordering fish online, I may just look deeper into the fully q.t fish sites...pay up front instead of down the road or when package is recieved..

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just FYI if you call and ask they will refund credit to original payment.
You may have gotten a credit back to the original payment method, but in the last few years that is extremely uncommon with la.
At best I've gotten a store credit.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back