• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Liveaquaria - going downhill fast or just a coincidence

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS charged me $5 a box this time because they called it a hold. I had 2 boxes today. Last time at another UPS store they charged me $10 for 1 box. So I’m not sure what the deal is.

You should be able to avoid all those fees if you sign up for UPS MyChoice Premium (currently $20/year).

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS charged me $5 a box this time because they called it a hold. I had 2 boxes today. Last time at another UPS store they charged me $10 for 1 box. So I’m not sure what the deal is.
Wow, this is crazy. How did you request the hold? I used to be able to go to my online account and 'manage deliveries' to keep them at the distribution center or pick a UPS store.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well rats. My overnight from LA just turned into 3 days. FedEx just delayed my shipment another day, assuming it arrives tomorrow as scheduled.
Call FedEx and see if you can pick up at the distribution center. That may be where it sits another night anyway

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call FedEx and see if you can pick up at the distribution center. That may be where it sits another night anyway
Thanks. Been working on that but all the local pickup locations and the receiving pickup at the distribution center seem to be closed to public. 3 days isn't unheard of for safe arrival but with their new 'packaging' I worry about the condition of the fish.

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well rats. My overnight from LA just turned into 3 days. FedEx just delayed my shipment another day, assuming it arrives tomorrow as scheduled.
That's exactly what happened to me a couple of weeks ago, and it killed my beautiful green Divers Den Acanthophyllia. Temp inside the bag was 44 degrees when I picked it up. FedEx sucks.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped ordering from liveaquaria over a year ago (before the shipping changes). I repeatedly received fish covered in disease (flukes, ich, and velvet) and prices are the same or more than even my most expensive LFS now on everything except cleaner shrimp and blood shrimp. And only receiving store credit for DOAs kind of pushed me away as well. When I only needed 1 thing for the evo, I didn't want to pay for shipping for just 1 clam.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likewise, depending on what and when your doing it, it ain't free anymore. I tried to redirect a package to my local ups store and it was going to be a charge for it.
Well that's good to know. I wonder if FedEx is charging for things like that now too?

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have not been drop shipping from QM since the sale last year is my understanding and looking at the current availability list from QM and cross referencing what they have available seems to support this. The holding group that owns Liveaquaria now , Tropical Fish International, is a wholesaler separate from QM so no reason to dropship from there.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago they had the UPS premium memberships for $10 instead of the usual $20/yr. They usually run a special every year for the mychoice premium memberships at a discounted price. Sign up then. I ship a lot for various reasons, so I have memberships with all the shipping companies.

A fedex account is still free. For Hold locations, go on their website and search for locations, but check the boxes for locations that allow "hold at location", and also select the "dangerous goods" box.... that will filter out anything that isn't an actual Fedex staffed ship center. Find the closest one and use their address as your shipping address. Just alert the fish/coral vendor that you are shipping it to your local fedex center for hold for pickup. They will know what to do.

Use the fedex ship center as your shipping address and use your actual home address as the billing address.
As long as the Vendor knows what is going on, I've never had an issue with packages being held.

My local fedex ship center is located at the local airport and is open 6 days a week, and is open till 7:15 PM.
picking up packages from them has always been a breeze.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would update on my coral shipment. The sinularia is still doing well. The wellso has made an excellent recovery! He looked a lot puffier today and then tonight, he looks hungry (there were no tentacles at all last night)! So while the water was cold and he was very stressed, looks like he pulled through. Hopefully they fix their packaging!

EA9B177E-1BB3-41E9-B740-F186FA6E536B.jpeg

CA3E37CF-1A65-40D3-9C8F-E274FEB24AE2.jpeg

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no longer use Live Aquaria they want you to jump through hoops for dead livestock then they give you store credit and no longer stock the dead species they shipped in the first place? So do you really want to order from the same company that continues to send dead or diseased fish to you? I ordered 6 anthias 1 male 5 females none of them made it to my doorstep alive! then I had to take pic after pic with the bag and on white background im surprised they didn't want todays newspaper in the background pic. I still have a couple hundred dollars in store credit. I figured it was an expensive education like a student loan and they could keep it! I don't even want dry goods from them! I have placed orders in the past with fish in stock then its not available because we didn't change our webpage, but they can hold your money till they can't get it which they usually can't but then issue store credit! so now your out your original cash and have to look elsewhere im not a fan of live aquaria at all! IMO it just my experience.

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a delay email from them for my order that supposed to be delivery tomorrow. Due to out of stock. So now what? everything was in stock when I placed the order

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a delay email from them for my order that supposed to be delivery tomorrow. Due to out of stock. So now what? everything was in stock when I placed the order
The next email you will get is them making every attempt to find that item but in 2 weeks you will have either your money back..... but more than likely store credit!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thought I would update on my coral shipment. The sinularia is still doing well. The wellso has made an excellent recovery! He looked a lot puffier today and then tonight, he looks hungry (there were no tentacles at all last night)! So while the water was cold and he was very stressed, looks like he pulled through. Hopefully they fix their packaging!
That's good news.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. My shipment arrived late yesterday afternoon after all. Arrived very healthy. I didn't take temp of the bag but could smell some ammonia soon as I opened. That's to be expected on a 2 day ship but also meant that I didn't want to mess around in getting the acclimation done quickly to reduce the ammonia toxicity.

The tang appears very healthy, active and eating and picking at rocks. So far...I'll keep ordering from LA. I usually don't order anything in winter, but haven't seen this tang in a while so wanted to pick it up. New tank is on order. Nice having a tank to use for stocking a bit while building new.

IMG_20220210_113247154.jpg

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. My shipment arrived late yesterday afternoon after all. Arrived very healthy. I didn't take temp of the bag but could smell some ammonia soon as I opened. That's to be expected on a 2 day ship but also meant that I didn't want to mess around in getting the acclimation done quickly to reduce the ammonia toxicity.

The tang appears very healthy, active and eating and picking at rocks. So far...I'll keep ordering from LA. I usually don't order anything in winter, but haven't seen this tang in a while so wanted to pick it up. New tank is on order. Nice having a tank to use for stocking a bit while building new.

Great news, and man, the fish looks beautiful! Glad it worked out.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Very nice fish!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back