Liveaquaria: Living in Los Angeles

SoCalVictor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I'm curious about. When Liveaquaria ships out livestock, e.g. fish that not from DD, I assume it's from Quality Marine. Seems silly that they don't allow for local pickup for folks living in Los Angeles. Why add unnecessary stress to the livestock by sticking them in a bag for 24 hours just to have them travel a few miles.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they probably don't want to act as a physical store as well as a warehouse of sorts. Eg my LFS could stock a lot more fish and corals but as we are a physical store we need to look presentable. Live Aqueria probably does not or they may have a nice office area then a warehouse area

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Something I'm curious about. When Liveaquaria ships out livestock, e.g. fish that not from DD, I assume it's from Quality Marine. Seems silly that they don't allow for local pickup for folks living in Los Angeles. Why add unnecessary stress to the livestock by sticking them in a bag for 24 hours just to have them travel a few miles.
Because they are actually owned and governed by Petco and that is their policy

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they probably don't want to act as a physical store as well as a warehouse of sorts. Eg my LFS could stock a lot more fish and corals but as we are a physical store we need to look presentable. Live Aqueria probably does not or they may have a nice office area then a warehouse area
Also if you check Quantity Marine on Google, it's like trying to find a good spot to park at the beach. Not fun. I think DD LA, use Sea Dwelling Creatures?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Also if you check Quantity Marine on Google, it's like trying to find a good spot to park at the beach. Not fun. I think DD LA, use Sea Dwelling Creatures?
Lol LOL- never a good spot at the beach

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was just there i saw that quality marine ships liveaquaria
and the main reason they don’t do pickups is because quality marine doesn’t like anyone coming to there warehouse unless you are a vendor, and even the vendors aren’t allowed in certain areas, they are very secretive of there operation because they don’t want people to see a mess and dead fish etc
I got a tour and my “guide” told me the rules were being bent for me and that it’s not typical

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back