LiveAquaria Selling Items it Doesn’t Have

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’m a bit perplexed. On Saturday, I ordered a Wartskin Angler on Live Aquaria. Then, Tuesday night when it was supposed to ship, I got an email saying there was a delay, vaguely referencing COVID. Now, I still haven’t received a shipment email, and support is telling me that it is back ordered, and will ship when they get it at some unknown date.

I’m upset because it said it was in stock at the time (and still does), and I cleared my schedule to receive it.

This is my first order with LiveAquaria. Does anyone know if this is common practice for them? It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry has a reservation for a car rental, and they don’t have the car when he shows up. Why show it as “in stock”, and deliverable on a specific date, if you don’t have it?

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’m a bit perplexed. On Saturday, I ordered a Wartskin Angler on Live Aquaria. Then, Tuesday night when it was supposed to ship, I got an email saying there was a delay, vaguely referencing COVID. Now, I still haven’t received a shipment email, and support is telling me that it is back ordered, and will ship when they get it at some unknown date.

I’m upset because it said it was in stock at the time (and still does), and I cleared my schedule to receive it.

This is my first order with LiveAquaria. Does anyone know if this is common practice for them? It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry has a reservation for a car rental, and they don’t have the car when he shows up. Why show it as “in stock”, and deliverable on a specific date, if you don’t have it?
This exact same thing happened to me. I received an email notification that a fish was in stock, so I placed an order for it. The morning it was supposed to be delivered, I woke up to an email saying that there was a delay. I called them, and they said they were understaffed at the time and behind on shipping, and that it should ship soon. I called back a couple more times before they admitted that they didn’t have my fish and they told me I was out of luck.
Sorry, but I wouldn’t expect your angler to ever arrive.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This exact same thing happened to me. I received an email notification that a fish was in stock, so I placed an order for it. The morning it was supposed to be delivered, I woke up to an email saying that there was a delay. I called them, and they said they were understaffed at the time and behind on shipping, and that it should ship soon. I called back a couple more times before they admitted that they didn’t have my fish and they told me I was out of luck.
Sorry, but I wouldn’t expect your angler to ever arrive.
You’re kidding... Sorry to hear that happened to you.

That’s... really shady. Understaffing is understandable, but offering fish you don’t have is completely different.

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in the middle of a buyout so maybe that has to do with it. Petco has sold them off and the sale should be final at the end of the month. Maybe that doesn't have anything to do with it but Petco has screwed them over and they are finally getting out from under them.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in the middle of a buyout so maybe that has to do with it. Petco has sold them off and the sale should be final at the end of the month. Maybe that doesn't have anything to do with it but Petco has screwed them over and they are finally getting out from under them.
this has been going on longer than covid and this "buyout". unfortunately you go with the cheaper company you get cheaper service.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wonder if those that can make decision at LA read all these negative comments about their company.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA uses Quality Marine which fills orders for lfs throughout the country. So if they get 10 of one type of fish, there are many others trying to fill their order.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Adamantium Good morning. We are very sorry to hear your first experience has been less than satisfactory. There are many factors that affect availability at the time of shipment. We have the "unforeseen delays" details on various areas of the site, checkout, and order confirmation emails to prepare customers for possible delay. Availability of specimens, workflow interruption, etc have impacted us during the pandemic and we want to give our customers advance notice. Our facilities are doing a wonderful job in processing as many orders as possible, we apologize for your delay.
We would appreciate the opportunity to view your order and reach out to you for a discussion/resolution. At your earliest convenience, please send us a private message with your order details/email address associated with the order. We look forward to hearing from you! Have a great day.

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you, I’d cancel my order and get my money back. The last thing you want is for them to actually end up sending you an angler at a time you’re not ready for one (like when you’re not home or already got one from somewhere else). At least this way you get your money back and don’t have to worry about an angler showing up unannounced and getting boiled alive on your doorstep cause you’re not home.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Adamantium Good morning. We are very sorry to hear your first experience has been less than satisfactory. There are many factors that affect availability at the time of shipment. We have the "unforeseen delays" details on various areas of the site, checkout, and order confirmation emails to prepare customers for possible delay. Availability of specimens, workflow interruption, etc have impacted us during the pandemic and we want to give our customers advance notice. Our facilities are doing a wonderful job in processing as many orders as possible, we apologize for your delay.
We would appreciate the opportunity to view your order and reach out to you for a discussion/resolution. At your earliest convenience, please send us a private message with your order details/email address associated with the order. We look forward to hearing from you! Have a great day.
Thanks for the reply. I will PM now. Really, all I'd like to know is whether, or not, this guy will be coming tomorrow. So far, I've been told this morning both that it was backordered, and that it's available, but no one can confirm that it will ship today; just that I should hope that it does.

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I had the same thing happen to me with an Achilles Tang order where I thought it was coming the next day and it did not happen. I had to email them to find out that it's on back order. The frustrating thing is that I received the same email that the fish is in stock!

I then canceled because I found the fish locally, and used the credit for something else.

I've used LA for decades and 95% of the time have had great experiences with them. I'll chalk this up as an impact from current events and they're tweaking their process.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same thing happen to me with an Achilles Tang order where I thought it was coming the next day and it did not happen. I had to email them to find out that it's on back order. The frustrating thing is that I received the same email that the fish is in stock!

I then canceled because I found the fish locally, and used the credit for something else.

I've used LA for decades and 95% of the time have had great experiences with them. I'll chalk this up as an impact from current events and they're tweaking their process.
Wait... If I cancel I only get a credit?

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco should never have bought Live Aquaria, customer service and return policy became worse... hope LA doesn't end up like Saab did after GM acquired it :(

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my wife loved her Saab!
My Dad actually still has an 85 Saab 900, made well before the GM days. It was a wedding gift that he absolutely babies the heck out of. He literally had the whole thing taken apart at one point, cleaned up, and put back together.

I had an '01 Saab 9-5 that had three transmissions in two years. Had to junk it after the third one blew. Needless to say, it was a GM. I still miss the heck out of it, though. Such a phenomenal experience driving that thing.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread :p I get nostalgic.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Dad actually still has an 85 Saab 900, made well before the GM days. It was a wedding gift that he absolutely babies the heck out of. He literally had the whole thing taken apart at one point, cleaned up, and put back together.

I had an '01 Saab 9-5 that had three transmissions in two years. Had to junk it after the third one blew. Needless to say, it was a GM. I still miss the heck out of it, though. Such a phenomenal experience driving that thing.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread :p I get nostalgic.
its ur thread mate, can sidetrack whenever u'd like! ;)
'85 Saab 900 was the infamous turtle shape, always thought they looked cool! That's some wedding gift, think we just got some really ugly clocks. We had the '07 Saab 93 but our's was surprisingly reliable until after 8 yrs it developed an oil leak that no one could repair. Sadly had to get rid of it and production had stopped by then... :(

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its ur thread mate, can sidetrack whenever u'd like! ;)
'85 Saab 900 was the infamous turtle shape, always thought they looked cool! That's some wedding gift, think we just got some really ugly clocks. We had the '07 Saab 93 but our's was surprisingly reliable until after 8 yrs it developed an oil leak that no one could repair. Sadly had to get rid of it and production had stopped by then... :(
You have no idea how tempted I am to buy another Saab, but I know the wife would kill me haha

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back