LiveAquaria Site Down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed LiveAquaria was running a St. Patricks Day sale yesterday so I opened it up to check it out. The site would barely work, pages were super slow and I couldn't click into anything beyond the home page. So I gave up. Today I got an email that their sale had been extended through today so I went to their site again and now it's totally down...? I can't imagine it's due to a massive influx of users. Is the sale so great that it knocked their entire site offline? ;Woot

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having an issue where I could only get into it from the main address and then it is laggy. If I Googled a fish and clicked on the LiveAquaria link it would not work.

Seems to be working now.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Website was slow as molasses yesterday as well. I was able to grab a group of 6 Caribbean blue reef chromis, order went through fine. Received confirmation email minutes later

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to get through and put in an order. Took about 30 minutes waiting for pages to load. That’s gotta be impacting sales big time!

Joem820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's down again for me, and it seems to me like it has been down quite a bit in the past week or so.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DivingTheWorld and followers--We apologize for the troubles with the website. We started to have concerns on Sunday. Our IT department has been working towards resolution and we understand the sporadic page loads have been occurring and are quite frustrating. Thank you for your patience as they continue to work towards stabilizing the experience. Our phone reps are available to assist with placing orders Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00 CST. Thank you all and have a great weekend!

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been two weeks and still problems. I've tried different browsers. Some page links work and others don't. Slow to load. Tonight this:

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 10.47.28 PM.png

burningedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think in the 21st century, a big business like liveaquaria would be able to properly run a website. What's going on with that place?

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The front page works but I can't look at any of the product pages this morning (or last night).

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DivingTheWorld and followers We apologize for the site instability. There are several IT projects/conversions in the works that will eventually result in a very positive user experience. Thank you all for your patience during this maintenance period.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@DivingTheWorld and followers We apologize for the site instability. There are several IT projects/conversions in the works that will eventually result in a very positive user experience. Thank you all for your patience during this maintenance period.

So this is pre-planned?

If it was me I would add something to the homepage explaining what is going on, certainly if it is has been a problem for more than a day or so.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think in the 21st century, a big business like liveaquaria would be able to properly run a website. What's going on with that place?
Do you know how expensive a web site can cost? You can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars developing a website. Im not so sure LA is as big as you might think.

But we can whine about it. I bought from them this week and watch their DD nearly daily. It's not too slow to navigate.

burningedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know how expensive a web site can cost? You can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars developing a website. Im not so sure LA is as big as you might think.

But we can whine about it. I bought from them this week and watch their DD nearly daily. It's not too slow to navigate.
I'm sure they're trying their best, but close to 3 weeks for a website issue seems a bit excessive compared to what I've gathered from all the website upgrades I've seen over the years.

But you're right, at the end of the day, I hope they get it fully up to speed and that we can all have a great experience with it soon.

diverrad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now no matter what category you click on in divers den. You get marine fish. Kinda comical. Come on get your act together dont you realize this is an instant society? If I can’t buy it from you in 5 sec I will buy it elsewhere. Lol kidding I have a $45 credit so I have to wait.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back