• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

LiveAquaria - Terrible - DOA, Diseased Fish - and No Longer Issue Refunds

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used @LiveAquaria for years and apparently they've decided to change a number of policies on a whim and expect long-time customers to suffer. First, the new $10 box charge is absurd, you can't have "free shipping" and a $10 box charge, that's a contradiction. I decided to place an order anyway, because LA has a number of fish that I can't find locally...

My order arrives, I open it and started acclimating my fish into quarantine right away. All the fish are in very small bags for their size with a strong ammonia smell immediately coming out of the bag. I have one DOA, a Vrolik's Wrasse, who had clearly been in rough shape prior to shipping since he has a number of patches with scales missing and the tissue going necrotic. I'm saddened to see a beautiful fish arrive dead in a tiny bag (that I had paid extra for) heavily clouded in its own waste. The other two fish look rough. I put them in my quarantine, and dose Furan-2 and PraziPro, they immediately start twitching so I can only assume they're raddled in flukes. I do two separate pH adjusted freshwater dips and return them to the quarantine tank. There's a few obvious ich spots on both on them, but they're both very skinny as well and I decide to get them fattened up before starting CopperPower. I submit a customer service ticket for the DOA Vrolik's with all relevant info and a picture. The other fish are pecking at a slurry of raw clam, mysis, and Rod's food mixed with Seachem Focus/Metroplex and I feel a little optimistic that at least these two might make it.

This morning I check my email to find yet another policy has changed and they only offer store credit. I then go to check on my quarantine tank to find the other two fish dead as well. I don't want a store credit to buy more dead and diseased fish of yours, which shame on you for selling and shipping in the first place. I want a refund to support more ethical stores with healthier livestock.

thumbnail_IMG_0053.jpg

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @jefra. We sincerely apologize for your loss of the Vrolik’s Wrasse. We are unable to message you to ask for information to locate your account. Could you please message us and provide us information to locate your LiveAquaria customer account?

Thank you,

LiveAquaria

Last edited:
OP
OP
jefra

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @jefra. We sincerely apologize for your loss of the Vrolik’s Wrasse. We are unable to message you to ask for information to locate your account. Could you please message us and provide us information to locate your LiveAquaria customer account?

Thank you,

LiveAquaria

@LiveAquaria I've messaged you with my PO number

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to see LA is making good on your issue. I hope they see all the others and go back to taking care of their customers instead of using some "efficiency experts' recommendations."

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back