• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

LiveAquaria, What's up with your awful livestock and service..???

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

crazyboi48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I use to love buying from Divers Den and liveaquaria. In the past 6 months it has been a nightmare and deciding never to buy from them again or recommend LA!

Just a quick rundown of issues;

1. Ordered a trio of flame wrasses from divers den a few months ago. 1 died within a few days. I took pictures and tried to claim the guarantee... They did not refund me because I did not take out the bones from inside my rock work and place on a white paper towel to take a picture... what the heck!?? REALLY? I need to take apart my rock work in my 300g to show you a dead $100 fish? Before I just needed to show them a picture, IF EVEN THAT! most times they honor it as I use to buy $$$$ of fish and coral.

2. I ordered a CB Majestic Angel from them a few months ago and came in with a fungus or some type of bacteria on it's side. This is from Divers Den! Why am I getting a sick fish??? This was not something like ich that would just show up during shipping.. come on...

3. Just this month I had the same issue happen when I got 2 of my 3 Bartlett anthias die in 5 days.. I have an established 300 and 180. Many have seen it and I have thriving fish. Once again, I can't dig them up from under my cave I found them in but sent pictures..

4. I just got a Starcki Damsel yesterday with a fungus or something on it's fin and side again! All these fish including the anthias were from Divers Den. What are you guys charging more for???

lastly... I get it, I'm going to have people say I need to QT my fish, people complain saying I can go to a local store and get fish and they have no warranty. I honestly don't have space or time for a QT as I rarely add fish anymore (I use to QT), and in regards to LFS stores not issuing refunds, I get that but I'm buying and paying a big premium to DD at LiveAquaria for that warranty that they promote so much!

I'm done with my rant and just wanted to inform the frustration of buying from LiveAquaria now and them losing a customer

hanas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you mentioned it and said you didn’t want to hear it, but a QT would’ve avoided all of these problems with either warranty (photo ID) and disease management.

I do agree that they are enforcing their DOA polices much more strictly than in the past but they’re really just doing what they should have been doing to begin with. I lost a couple fish as well in addition to some cleanup crew members when a shipment was delayed. I threw out the bags in the garbage since it was foul smelling and didn’t have photo ID so I got burned to, but again that is their policy and they were lenient with it for awhile. So while I was ticked off first (being a long time loyal customer), I calmed down and accepted it.

I will say, with a photo ID they do refund no questions asked.

OP
OP
C

crazyboi48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you mentioned it and said you didn’t want to hear it, but a QT would’ve avoided all of these problems with either warranty (photo ID) and disease management.

I do agree that they are enforcing their DOA polices much more strictly than in the past but they’re really just doing what they should have been doing to begin with. I lost a couple fish as well in addition to some cleanup crew members when a shipment was delayed. I threw out the bags in the garbage since it was foul smelling and didn’t have photo ID so I got burned to, but again that is their policy and they were lenient with it for awhile. So while I was ****** off first (being a long time loyal customer), I calmed down and accepted it.

I will say, with a photo ID they do refund no questions asked.
I sent pictures... But because I did not take them out and put it on a paper towel they would not honor it..

I get it, I own a business and it's their policy for pictures and proof (which I tried my best to send). But you missed the point. They shouldn't be sending out sick fish per their DD policy.. Secondly the pic's I sent them should be good enough and not make a customer take out their rock work for a $50-100 fish..

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand.

I am in no way taking any position on the content of the post itself, but only to say I know how frustrating things can be and hope you can move on/get resolution.

I believe sharing is part of the forum, and everything I have encountered since joining here supports that.
I, personally would have broached the subject a bit different, but each his/her own;Shy

OP
OP
C

crazyboi48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand.

I am in no way taking any position on the content of the post itself, but only to say I know how frustrating things can be and hope you can move on/get resolution.

I believe sharing is part of the forum, and everything I have encountered since joining here supports that.
I, personally would have broached the subject a bit different, but each his/her own;Shy
I understand and appreciate your feedback. I've tried to reach out to resolve with them and even talked to management. I even emailed and all the same response with no understanding at all. So just felt I wanted to inform people of my experience with them lately

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting those fish in is a big risk. Uronema is all over anthias and chromis. Once it’s in your tank it never leaves. Open blotchy sores on the sides of fish. I bought a five pack of anthias last year threw them in and killed everyone of them and my royal gramma. Please look it up and see if this is what your fish had.

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be worse, Canada has ROUGH pickings, my struggle is real haha

OP
OP
C

crazyboi48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting those fish in is a big risk. Uronema is all over anthias and chromis. Once it’s in your tank it never leaves. Open blotchy sores on the sides of fish. I bought a five pack of anthias last year threw them in and killed everyone of them and my royal gramma. Please look it up and see if this is what your fish had.
I didn't see anything on the anthias. Not sure what happened there, all were eating. I did see on damsel after acclimation. (This is why I haven't added in a while..) haha.. But as of now it looks ok and not getting worse.

OP
OP
C

crazyboi48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it sucks they want you to rip your tank down to take pictures of the fish.
Yeah crazy. I gave them pictures of the fish already but they wanted me to take them out to take a pic on a white paper towel.. it's freaking bones w a tiny bit of flesh.. haha. I get why but come on.. I even sent them a tank picture and showed them why it would be crazy for me to take my tank a part to get the bones out

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you said you don’t have room for a qt. Petco has the buck a gallon sale. 20 long is 20 bucks. You could be qt’ing on the cheap. I set on up on shelf brackets and it is working great. What a pain. I used to buy healthy fish and through good diet and a cleaner shrimp could get through anything. Those days are gone. Here’s a pic of my dirty qt. I don’t want to scrape it because that’s my biological filtration.

image.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back