Livestock addition advice for introduction order and coral sequencing

maurice-io

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I made this list of what I understand to be compatible and reefsafe fish, but I need advice/confirmation that this is correct, and then advice on the introduction order (I already have the 1 oscellaris and the 2 firefish)

I also plan to add corals (LPS then SPS as I learn more) -- the tank is 55 gallons, has cycled ~3 weeks ago

1 oscellaris clownfish (rather active/territorial, won't let the firefish take their time being out from under the rock)
2 firefish
4-6 blue-green chromis
2-4 Shrimp (specific species TBD --- advice?)
2 snails (specific species TBD --- advice?)
4 lyretail anthia
2 hermit crabs
3-4 Leopard Wrasse
1 TBD (Blue Tang?)
1 TBD (Flame Angel?)

So the questions are:
1- Is the list ok for 55 gallon display (36in wide x 18in deep x 22in high)
2- What about the introduction order?
3- When to add corals? After all the fish? in the middle? Early on?

1678139557755.png

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Way too many fish. At most 8-10 for a basic tank that size. No tangs - small angel (1) is fine.
Agree with this 100%. I'm assuming you are referring to a blue Hippo tang, those get to a foot in size. Your tank would be literally wall to wall fish, chromis get to 5" in length, a school of six would be 2 feet plus of fish stuck in a tank that would be four feet long I'd guess, depends on shape of your 55 gallon. I'd do a little more research on fish size and compatibility with your tank size to get the stocking list correct.

OP
OP
maurice-io

maurice-io

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yes I guess I should look at adult size of those fish, not what they look like at the store!

Reconsidering down to 2 anthia, 2 wrasses, no chromis, and 1 additional dwarf angel or similar.

Thanks for the advice!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yes I guess I should look at adult size of those fish, not what they look like at the store!

Reconsidering down to 2 anthia, 2 wrasses, no chromis, and 1 additional dwarf angel or similar.

Thanks for the advice!
Clowns are the best to start with. Get a pair of babies and see how they do before adding more fish

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back