Lobster Bisque for my Niece.

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tomorrow is my Niece's 11th birthday. She loves when I make lobster bisque. She maid the request yesterday. So my wife and I said sure! Why not? My wife went chasing down lobsters after work today and all the other ingredients that go with it. Only one place had lobsters and no one had seafood stock. So naturally I had to make my own seafood stock tonight so I can make the bisque tomorrow. Urgh! I love it but what a pain in the but to make it. Plus making it for 14 people. Along with other stuff we are making. Had to break down three 2-1/2 pound lobsters. Save all the meat. Then make the stock from some the shells, onion, carrot, celery, white wine, water, bay leaves, fresh thyme, fresh garlic, a dab of tomato paste. Then simmer it all. Im exhausted! Then tomorrow after work it starts all over. Clarified butter, lobster shells, onion, tomato paste, smoked paprika, a touch of flour for a roux, the stock, cream, blend it all in a blender, strain it, butter poach the lobster meat. Finish the bisque off. But, the things we do to make kids feel special, right? Anyone else here like to throw down in the kitchen? I love to cook!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife runs the kitchen. I feed the reef tank. The division of territory keeps the coral happy and the fish underfed.

I do get to BBQ. Skin down salmon filet with a simple dusting of chili powder (and maybe a pad of butter) over charcoal. Twelve minutes for a thin filet seared properly raw, or 14-16 minutes for a burnt sacrifice for people who think they like there fish "well" done. A little longer for a thicker 2 inch thick monster filet but whatever thickness you are roasting, once the creamy white fat starts to bubble up from between the myotomes you are ready for your dessert fish.

OP
OP
RobW

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on this bisque now. About 20 more minutes before I can pureé it then strain. Then all I have to do is poach the lobster meat in some butter and dice it up to add to the bisque.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tomorrow is my Niece's 11th birthday. She loves when I make lobster bisque. She maid the request yesterday. So my wife and I said sure! Why not? My wife went chasing down lobsters after work today and all the other ingredients that go with it. Only one place had lobsters and no one had seafood stock. So naturally I had to make my own seafood stock tonight so I can make the bisque tomorrow. Urgh! I love it but what a pain in the but to make it. Plus making it for 14 people. Along with other stuff we are making. Had to break down three 2-1/2 pound lobsters. Save all the meat. Then make the stock from some the shells, onion, carrot, celery, white wine, water, bay leaves, fresh thyme, fresh garlic, a dab of tomato paste. Then simmer it all. Im exhausted! Then tomorrow after work it starts all over. Clarified butter, lobster shells, onion, tomato paste, smoked paprika, a touch of flour for a roux, the stock, cream, blend it all in a blender, strain it, butter poach the lobster meat. Finish the bisque off. But, the things we do to make kids feel special, right? Anyone else here like to throw down in the kitchen? I love to cook!

So..... When's dinner and where is our invite???

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds awesome!! I love cooking too. Being a Louisiana boy, it's things like gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish or shrimp etouffee, and the like.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back