Local Reef CLubs in Your Area

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Impression team was thinking that it would be great for new members and people who are new to the the hobby in general if they had a local club they could join. There is a local club section on R2R but it has been gathering dust a lot, so we were wondering if anyone who is a member could post the following and then update the local club section. Maybe if we get enough we could make a directory! :D

1) Club name
2) Where are you located (city and state would be the most helpful)
3) A website, forum or method of contact and joining
4) Maybe a little information about your club (how many members, how long has it been going or other stuff.
5) Head over to the local club section here on R2R and update or add your club! https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion/

Thanks and happy reefing!

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll step up to the plate here
Names Drew - I am the Prez of the CRC "Chico Reef Club"
We are located in Chico Ca
Here is a link to the registration page of our forum for any new members here that are in our area of Northern Cali that would like to join the family
http://www.chicoreefclub.net/

We are a smaller club compared to some but make up for that in heart. Run around 35 paid members within the year with many more that attend meetings for the info and cruise our forum. Been up and running since 2004-2005 I think. We just finalized our non-profit status this year and are now federally recognized within our cause.
We have a forum for CRC here within R2R and it has helped in the situations a larger group base is needed in finding answers to all the questions and problems we have as a hobbiest, and just because the peeps on this site are great. You don't get the bashing you get on most other sites giving R2R a feel of its own.

Hows that shep? You need anything else?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope! thats perfect, thank you for be the brave soul to start this off!

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Shep ,when I click on that link it sends me home.The same thing happens when I click on the local reef clubs link.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats because as far as I can tell there is no actual main page for the club section, you have to click the state you want for it to take you anywhere.

Bucknutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buckeye Reef

Based out of Northern Ohio (Bowling Green, OH), but welcome to everyone.

http://www.buckeyereef.com

We are a young club, actually not even a week old. We have ten members but expect to grow quickly with no Northern Club here. We just want a place to call home where everyone feels welcome, and not feel like you aren't welcome because you aren't from that clubs area.

We have to educate those in the hobby, and meet great people along the way.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buckeye Reef

Based out of Northern Ohio (Bowling Green, OH), but welcome to everyone.

http://www.buckeyereef.com

We are a young club, actually not even a week old. We have ten members but expect to grow quickly with no Northern Club here. We just want a place to call home where everyone feels welcome, and not feel like you aren't welcome because you aren't from that clubs area.

We have to educate those in the hobby, and meet great people along the way.
Thanks for posting!

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
My name is Ryan - I am a member of MARS "Madison Area Reef Society"
We are located in Madison, WI.
Here is a link to our forum: Madison Area Reef Society
The club has over 2200 users I believe which includes local hobbyists, area vendors, and local businesses. It is an active club with a lot of great members who are more than willing to help out on the forums or even come to houses and help troubleshoot. The buy/sell forum always has some good stuff on there including equipment and livestock. The mods run the site well and the conversations are clean and helpful. The annual frag swap has a great turn out each year and gets some great prizes donated by local businesses as well as some big names. If you are from the Madison or surrounding area consider signing up and participating in our club activities!

n2jeeps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Brian Bertch I am the founder of Nebraska Reef Society. Most of our members are Located in Omaha and Lincoln area but we are expanding almost daily. We can be found on our facebook page while our website is down for reconstruction at https://www.facebook.com/groups/nebraskareefsociety/

Our group was started so Nebraskans could have an outlet to show off their saltwater tanks, ask questions, buy, sell and trade livestock and equipment. It is meant to become an information highway for all reefers around the world and anyone is welcome to post and share but all classifieds and events will be limited to Nebraska area.https://www.facebook.com/groups/nebraskareefsociety/

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats hillarious - i have the mars club of Sacramento an hour south so often doing a lot of searchs with that abbreviation and more often than not the computer gets confused and takes me to one of your guys mars threads.lol.

thats it - only 4 clubs.?.lol i know there is more than that - lets hear it folks. Think of this as a helpful tool to get your club out in the open - we all want that. If your a member of a club lets hear it - board member or not.

Hello everyone!
My name is Ryan - I am a member of MARS "Madison Area Reef Society"
We are located in Madison, WI.
Here is a link to our forum: Madison Area Reef Society
The club has over 2200 users I believe which includes local hobbyists, area vendors, and local businesses. It is an active club with a lot of great members who are more than willing to help out on the forums or even come to houses and help troubleshoot. The buy/sell forum always has some good stuff on there including equipment and livestock. The mods run the site well and the conversations are clean and helpful. The annual frag swap has a great turn out each year and gets some great prizes donated by local businesses as well as some big names. If you are from the Madison or surrounding area consider signing up and participating in our club activities!

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha that is awesome. Yea that's keep this going and get some local club info on here for everyone!

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Impression team was thinking that it would be great for new members and people who are new to the the hobby in general if they had a local club they could join. There is a local club section on R2R but it has be gather dust a lot, so we we wondering if anyone who is a memeber could post the following and then update the local club section. Maybe if we get enough we could make a directory! :D

1) Club name
2) where are you located (city and state would be the most helpful)
3) A website, forum or method of contact and joining
4) Maybe a little information about your club (how many members, how long has it been going or other stuff.
5) Head over to the local club section here on R2R and update or add your club! https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion/

Thanks and happy reefing!

Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society, or PNWMAS for short

We are located throughout the Pacific Northwest but our main area is Oregon and SW Washington. Our monthly meetings range from Eugene Oregon, up to Vancouver/Longview Washington.

Our website is PNWMAS.org

Our club was formed out of the Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Research group which dates back to 1996. Over the years as we have grown we have had to evolve and change but the PNWMAS as it is has been consistent since 2003. Our club sponsors many events were reefers can come together to learn, and also have a good time. We have been running a program to put marine tanks in classrooms since 2008, so we can help to spread the knowledge and love of these animals to students who might not otherwise ever have an opportunity to care for them. Everyone is welcome to come say Hello on the forum, or stop by at a montly get together.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting @pledosophy! I love the fact that your club helps try to get tanks into classrooms, thats a great way to inspire kids!

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Shep ,when I click on that link it sends me home.The same thing happens when I click on the local reef clubs link.

Apparently I just needed to wait longer for the page to load,my kindle can be slow.:doh: My bad Thanks for sorting that out for me shep!

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PBMAS for life. Seems to be one of the best forums in my area. very active forum and has great members
Post the info about it here! I am sure others might want to try joining.

Back