Local Reef CLubs in Your Area

megisawesome06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has nothing to do with your post, but thank you for the welcome message, @revhtree! I was having trouble navigating the site but I got it now. What a glorious welcoming committee!

Zoaddicted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Club Name: Bay Area Reefers (BAR)
Contact: We have a subforum on reef2reef and our own website.
Lifespan: Well to my knowledge there has always been some sort of saltwater/reef club in the Bay Area. This club is the only one alive.
As of June 2015, we have 160 Supporting Members in our club.
Activities: Frag Swaps, Fun events (local fish store rallys, workshops, expert presentations, and more!)

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/bay-area-reefers-club-bar.801/

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Club Name: Bay Area Reefers (BAR)
Contact: We have a subforum on reef2reef and our own website.
Lifespan: Well to my knowledge there has always been some sort of saltwater/reef club in the Bay Area. This club is the only one alive.
As of June 2015, we have 160 Supporting Members in our club.
Activities: Frag Swaps, Fun events (local fish store rallys, workshops, expert presentations, and more!)

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/bay-area-reefers-club-bar.801/
Thank you for posting!!!!!

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MD, VA, PA eastern WVA. Mdreefclub.com
Thank you for posting! Lets try to get at least one club for each state! Remember, if there is no club in your state you could always start one yourself!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local club is Southwest Florida Marine Aquarium Society, located in Ft. Myers, Florida, with members from Naples to Port Charlotte and beyond. Website to club is http://www.swfmas.com/. I believe it was started about 8 years ago and has a little over 1,500 members. They have a monthly event ranging from a simple club meeting, frag swaps, weekend trips, to a full reef conference with national speakers. Great group of aquarists who love the hobby.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local club is Southwest Florida Marine Aquarium Society, located in Ft. Myers, Florida, with members from Naples to Port Charlotte and beyond. Website to club is http://www.swfmas.com/. I believe it was started about 8 years ago and has a little over 1,500 members. They have a monthly event ranging from a simple club meeting, frag swaps, weekend trips, to a full reef conference with national speakers. Great group of aquarists who love the hobby.
Thank you for posting!!!

aandfsoccr04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Club name: Hampton roads reef club
Contact: www.hrrc.us or https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamptonroadsreefclub/
Lifespan: Club started sometime early 2001 or 2002 and then was dissolved five or six years later and restarted without board of directors and just monthly meets
Activities: monthly club meetings, frag swaps, vendor crawl, annual mamas meet, etc.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Club name: Hampton roads reef club
Contact: www.hrrc.us or https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamptonroadsreefclub/
Lifespan: Club started sometime early 2001 or 2002 and then was dissolved five or six years later and restarted without board of directors and just monthly meets
Activities: monthly club meetings, frag swaps, vendor crawl, annual mamas meet, etc.
Thanks for posting! Lets keep these clubs coming

madtownguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
My name is Ryan - I am a member of MARS "Madison Area Reef Society"
We are located in Madison, WI.
Here is a link to our forum: Madison Area Reef Society
The club has over 2200 users I believe which includes local hobbyists, area vendors, and local businesses. It is an active club with a lot of great members who are more than willing to help out on the forums or even come to houses and help troubleshoot. The buy/sell forum always has some good stuff on there including equipment and livestock. The mods run the site well and the conversations are clean and helpful. The annual frag swap has a great turn out each year and gets some great prizes donated by local businesses as well as some big names. If you are from the Madison or surrounding area consider signing up and participating in our club activities!

The last time I had reef tanks I lived in Madison. I now live in Florida and would think the stores and availability would be so much better down here. Madison has a ton to offer for the reef tank enthusiast. I wish I knew that had existed back in the day, when I was really into it hard with 120/40/20 and 2 14 reef tanks the internet forum thing and google really wasn't in existence like now.

Tim sullivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone is there any clubs in suffolk/Hampton Roads arera? I'm new too the hobby and it would be great to be about to have local people who could help me if I need it thank you for your time.

Cwg1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm new here I asked a question and started a new thread but got no responses am I doing something wrong? Sorry if this is a dumb question haha

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm new here I asked a question and started a new thread but got no responses am I doing something wrong? Sorry if this is a dumb question haha
Not a dumb question, sometimes threads just get buried really quickly and do not get noticed. I'll go read your thread right now :D Oh and welcome to the community

Back