Local reef recoralisation

Dan D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
governor.hawaii.gov/newsroom/latest-news/nursery-grown-pyramids-of-native-corals-now-restoring-natural-reefs-may-1-2018/

Pics from the article
Cc Dan Dennison dlnr
Sharks cc
Chuck

And 2 sharks,comming 2 by 2
Aloha

GOPR2621.JPG

GOPR2650.JPG

GOPR2654.JPG

whitetippairs.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dan D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral reefs are being killed off faster than they can regenerate, due to factors such as pollution, overfishing and the rising ocean temperatures associated with global warming. According to Coral Vita, a coral farming and restoration organization based in Freeport, Grand Bahama, more than 30 percent of the world's reefs have died in the past few decades and scientists predict 75 percent of those left will die by 2050. FROM

https://science.howstuffworks.com/e...-growing-coral-method-to-save-dying-reefs.htm

Video of recent coralization

Sorry its kinda geared as a commercial but u get the gist. So we can all help in our own way, how about every one that is able to grows out a frag to plantable size for the species and area to match dying corals and thean there is a local wholesaler that takes these and holds them just long enough to know they are disease free and ships them to the spot tbatmight need the at a grow out area say, Florida or hawaii,or gulf coast. Than the grown out frags can be integrated into the local reef,10 years later Wala. Healthy reef.

We are a strong force in sw trops ,there is power in the purchasing power of you all, not just Pijac, all of u. We can do something instead of just talking about it
Aloha
Dd

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back