Locally Purchased Tang Dead before Home

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been a helpful thread. I’m sorry about the loss of a PBT. I guess lessons for all to learn is to watch them catch and bag the fish, don’t let the fish get caught in the corners of the bag, and bring ones own bucket if possible.

You also mentioned that you are new to tangs. A powder blue tang is more of a delicate tang. It would not be my first go to for a tang. Perhaps a yellow tang first and then work up to the more delicate ones one PBT or Achilles, etc. Just a thought.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably pick up larger fish with a 5 gallon bucket instead of bagging them.
I've noticed some LFS tend to have smaller bags. A store that I've always had good luck with fish have a good selection of bags, double bag AND add oxygen. I've had no problem bringing fish back from Mass to Vermont from that particular store.

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed some LFS tend to have smaller bags. A store that I've always had good luck with fish have a good selection of bags, double bag AND add oxygen. I've had no problem bringing fish back from Mass to Vermont from that particular store.
Double bag and oxygen is a professionally prepared transport modality. I love when I see that. The bags are large and they are taught from the infused oxygen and double bag in case one breaks.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back