OP
Lokipsl

Lokipsl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today’s chapter: Zoa Pox

as some of you might know, Furan 2 has been discontinued. The best I could come up with is order some nitrofurazone online. It arrived today and did my first dip.. was able to remove a majority of the zoanthids so we will see how it goes.

Attachments

• 9C029607-711C-4A68-9A8D-AA4A38C0C8D7.jpeg
    9C029607-711C-4A68-9A8D-AA4A38C0C8D7.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Lokipsl

Lokipsl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update?
Pox was treated semi successfully. If I could have got the meds sooner it maybe have resulted in no loses. I started loosing very healthy corals for what seemed to be no reason. Rtn on healthy fat Acans, and most of my other LPS started receding. Tested parameters everything was inline. I thought maybe some magnet was exposed. Took out any frag racks checked pumps and heaters. Did more water changes. Still tissue recession. Eventually I did so many water changes my nutrients dropped out and Dino’s showed up…

Enter the Dino chamber
So yea this sucked. Stringy goop everywhere. Coral die off still happening and now i have to dirty up the water. I started to dose nitrate to keep it around 10-15ppm over feed the fish. Syphoned out Dino’s into a 5 gallon bucket using a filter sock in order to reuse the tank water. Installed the IM UV sterilizer. This went on for about a month or so with no real change. My LFS has sea water since I’m in the ocean and I hoped that maybe some natural bacteria in the seawater might outcompete the Dino’s. At that point I figured why not and started to do weekly water changes with the seawater while still running UV and dosing Nitrate. Dino’s were gone in a couple of weeks. At this point the algae started to spring up. The bright side? Corals stopped receding. Some started to have some growth. Then I left tank alone for a couple of months to do it’s thing. My Duncan’s have made a great comeback. LPS looking a little better. Mixed up some saltwater and did my normal 2-4 gallon a week water change. A couple of weeks went by and corals started to look stressed again. Checked nitrates first. All good. All has been really stable through most of this. What could it be. Well apparently it may have been the tropic marin pro salt that I switch to back in July… this has been the one constant in the tank since things started to go downhill.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back