London LFS idea?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

My wife & I, having previously lived in London for 3 years, are keen to move back. My wife works in the IT industry, but I have been thinking of trying a LFS somewhere in the Greater London area. The shop would specialize in selling disease free fish... akin to what Liveaquaria Diver's Den does in the US but much more thorough.

You see, I believe I am closing in on a concoction of medications that I can use on SW fish to eradicate just about any & all diseases. For the past year or so, I have been finding fish with active infections of ich, velvet, etc. and then experimenting on them. The fish would be treated with my "all inclusive" QT treatment protocol before being put up for sale. I hope to publish my findings soon, once experimentation has been complete.

Does this sound like a business model that would work in the UK? All fish would come with a 2 week guarantee, just like Liveaquaria Diver's Den. I haven't decided if I should try a retail shop or online service. Input? Thoughts? Comments? TIA

The Reef Dork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

My wife & I, having previously lived in London for 3 years, are keen to move back. My wife works in the IT industry, but I have been thinking of trying a LFS somewhere in the Greater London area. The shop would specialize in selling disease free fish... akin to what Liveaquaria Diver's Den does in the US but much more thorough.

You see, I believe I am closing in on a concoction of medications that I can use on SW fish to eradicate just about any & all diseases. For the past year or so, I have been finding fish with active infections of ich, velvet, etc. and then experimenting on them. The fish would be treated with my "all inclusive" QT treatment protocol before being put up for sale. I hope to publish my findings soon, once experimentation has been complete.

Does this sound like a business model that would work in the UK? All fish would come with a 2 week guarantee, just like Liveaquaria Diver's Den. I haven't decided if I should try a retail shop or online service. Input? Thoughts? Comments? TIA

Did anything ever come of this? I've just found the thread - seems like a good idea and something people may pay a premium for...

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anything ever come of this? I've just found the thread - seems like a good idea and something people may pay a premium for...

My wife interviewed with a few companies over there, but the work permit/Visa process always prevented the employer from being able to offer her the job. So, this business will be started inside the US instead.

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife interviewed with a few companies over there, but the work permit/Visa process always prevented the employer from being able to offer her the job. So, this business will be started inside the US instead.

Amen!!! Stay on this side of the pond. We need your skills. Hahaha

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back