OP
samnaz

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I really appreciate you all hanging in there for so long. I thought for sure with this stuck at home order I’d get this tank going finally.

Unfortunately my cat Vinnie has taken a turn for the worst due to chronic renal failure. I’ve been caring for him all hours of the day and night. I try to get away and focus on other things because I know it’d be good for me but truthfully it’s difficult to think about anything else right now. I’m having a hard time dealing, to say the least.

To all you dog people (myself included), even you would love Vinnie... he’s just that special.

Here is my beautiful Vinnie on top of the equipment cabinet.

1BCFBB72-D419-4171-98B2-C83598D9C7D9.jpeg

F9D0B63C-C397-4CFB-97CA-730AC746A0CA.jpeg

1B61C7CA-B41A-419B-B5FA-326ED35BB158.jpeg

Must be drinking to many Two Hearted to respond! One of my favorites!
lol thanks for the laugh, I really wish this was my excuse ;Hilarious

OP
OP
samnaz

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rest In Peace, sweet Vinnie. We said goodbye 8 days ago (4/22/20) and to this date it’s one of the most difficult decisions I’ve made in my life.

Actively trying to occupy my mind with anything else... and so I return to FINISH THIS BUILD.;Cat

764C7976-A5AE-48E8-99EF-88EDFCAAA9D3.jpeg

8D7F7EDA-5325-4D92-BBBC-2B485D975A2C.jpeg

(No more sad cat pics from this point forward, thx for hanging in there everyone)

That wasn't the update I was expecting, but I'm sorry to hear about Vinnie. Been there before as well.

I signed up to foster a cat, but gave the caveat I have 3 rowdy dogs, so we'll see if they find anything for me!
Some cats are great with dogs. I hope you find a good fit, keep me posted? You’re an inspiration for us all!

Take care, both of you.
We have 3 cats and would die if something happen to them.
Cats or dogs, they are just part of our lives as much as parents and brothers.
I completely agree, they are family. Good to hear from you janci, I hope all is well with you and your fam.

Last edited:

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the upgrade, in all its glory. I know, I should’ve gone bigger. Already regret it ;-)
@samnaz I had a tank for awhile because that's what I could afford. The money I saved by buying a nano I put into bells, whistles, and exotic corals and fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back