Long black stringy poop?

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know white stringy poop could be sign of internal parasites but is the same true if it's black? Have a bicolor angel fish in qt that's doing this. Currently it's being treated with metro in the water for the past couple of days and I just started treating its food.
Thanks.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black stringy poop is usually the end result of dead worms being evacuated from the intestines. Means they are no longer present. :)

OP
OP
lagatbezan

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After how long is it normal to continue to see them? I have been noticing it for the last 3-4 days since I been treating with metro in the water and food and its still present. some 4"-6" long but all black.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After how long is it normal to continue to see them? I have been noticing it for the last 3-4 days since I been treating with metro in the water and food and its still present. some 4"-6" long but all black.

Poop should return to normal within a week after internal parasites have all cleared out.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been observing a flame angel that came in with black stringy poop - just like the white stuff, only almost pitch black. I am assuming that the seller had treated it for worms, and did not have it in their system long enough to have it clear up.

I do not know the history of this fish, only that it came to me with black stringy poop. It's been about a week now, so I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it stops, or turns back white.

I normally would run this fish through two rounds of prazi in my QT; any harm in starting that up in a couple of days, considering that it may already be passing dead worms?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back