Long nose butterfly disease?

page

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys I have had this guy for a month now and i just transferred him to my quarantine tank since i have seen he has ich while on my dt. He is the only fish in my dt and as well as my qt, does anyone know what this is? Euronema possibly?

Thank you in advance for all the helpful answers!

F4E52F76-A5B5-4BED-AA9E-DD76556FF866.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Possibly mucus from ich or other parasite under the skin
A freshwater dip will offer fish relief
Ruby rally pro or copper safe will help with this.
Copper safe ina wt tank

OP
OP
P

page

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly mucus from ich or other parasite under the skin
A freshwater dip will offer fish relief
Ruby rally pro or copper safe will help with this.
Copper safe ina wt tank
I have now treated 10 drops of cupramine and a pack of gc as of today. I just got a light for this tank and it looks alot and lot worse under the light. It has a fluffy white spots as well as tear on the skins and white ich spots on the fins. I will try @Humblefish quarantine advice using copper and gc for now

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i get some of the other expert’s opinions here as well :( i am really worried this fish would not survive @Jay Hemdal @Humblefish
That isn’t Uronema. It looks more like turbellarian worms.
Are you 100% confident in your ich diagnosis, how did you treat for that? Is the fish breathing fast? Is it still feeding?
A FW dip may buy you some time, then you need to decide if it is protozoan or worms.
Jay

OP
OP
P

page

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn’t Uronema. It looks more like turbellarian worms.
Are you 100% confident in your ich diagnosis, how did you treat for that? Is the fish breathing fast? Is it still feeding?
A FW dip may buy you some time, then you need to decide if it is protozoan or worms.
Jay
It was breathing fast in my qt and it was eating when it was still in my display tank and now he’s not eating. What’s your diagnosis on this and what should I treat?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was breathing fast in my qt and it was eating when it was still in my display tank and now he’s not eating. What’s your diagnosis on this and what should I treat?
Key to this is - did the move to the QT cause it to stop feeding, or is that coincidental? I can't answer that for you. If coincidental, then the fish would have stopped feeding if left in the DT, and that implies an increasingly severe disease process. If it stopped eating BECAUSE you moved it to the QT, then there is something there it doesn't like; high ammonia, lights too bright, something like that.

It isn't possible to give you a confirmed diagnosis on just the picture, so I can only offer some suggestions. I would give the fish a 5 minute FW dip and then because it is breathing fast (and assuming the ammonia level in the tank is ok) I would start a copper treatment.

Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back