Long Tentacle Anenome Dying

TheGrimReefer17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys!

New here, have read many threads and gained a lot of knowledge. I just started tanking again after about 10 years, and I am having some issues. My tank is established, however my issue at hand right now is a dying Long tentacle anemone. My wife just sent me the attached photo... I am taking him out and quarantining as soon as I am home and doing a water change on the primary tank, however does any body have any idea why he is dying?

I bought it two days ago- he never stuck to anything but was very healthy and stuck at the store. He did not fully open in this tank either. I drip acclimated for two hours. Parameters are as follows: 1.026-27/0Ammonia/8-9pH/ Need to test nitrates/trites. 55G tank, established for 12+ months. Need help!

I also can't seem to keep the glass clean of algae. I had turbos, but they died. Please assist with any constructive advice possible! Im pretty bummed out that my tank is looking rough. The tank as a whole is pretty solid, but this corner specifically is not great because it is where the nem is... I am open to any assistance from those who know more than me, as I want to contribute to a successful, beautiful tank!

65040655633__F71AAAA2-B0C4-4869-AACA-DBF40EF0CCC0.jpeg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The glass algae is a lifelong struggle.

Do you know the params of the tank it came from?
Likely was lower in salinity.

When nems do this straight from the LFS the difference in parameters seems like the viable variable.

OP
OP
T

TheGrimReefer17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The glass algae is a lifelong struggle.

Do you know the params of the tank it came from?
Likely was lower in salinity.

When nems do this straight from the LFS the difference in parameters seems like the viable variable.
They said it was around 1.027, so not a huge jump. Other than that, levels were similar. The algae on the glass is killing me, but I do my best to keep it clean. I haven't had a whole lot of time recently though to get in there and do it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back