A2A17A1C-E115-4FF3-B516-D41E0A1CDA01.jpeg
Thats awesome! yes, exactly that

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I joined a couple months ago, but then got super busy and forgot to say HI!

I have been on this site gathering too much information, and learning so much from the community. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

A little about my setup:
- Reefer 425XL (running for ~1.8yrs, will be 2 in Dec)
- 2x AI hydra26
- Eshops 160 Protein Skimmer
- 2x maxspect xf230's
- ~80lbs reef saver rock
- 1"- 1.5" sand bed
- Aqua UV (forgot size)
- Apex Controller w/ DOS for auto water changes and ATO

Corals:
- 3x Ricordea's (orange, green+pink, and orange+green)
- Multiple Zoa's
- GSP
- And a couple others that I forget the names of, small LPS frags though

Fish:
- 2x Clowns
- 1x Tomini Tang
- 1x Yellow Wrasse
- 1x Scissortail Goby (had two, but one passed post 6mo of receiving it due to velvet)
- 1x (male) pink Lyretail Anthia (had a female, but she passed as well due to velvet)
- 1x Black and Yellow Blennie

You may be asking yourself, "that coral stock is low for the tank", and you would be right...

About 1.5-2mo ago had a mass die off of my SPS and other LPS, whats posted above, is what remained in the end. All params were in check ALK - 8.3-8.5, Ca - 440, Mag - 1250, PO4 - 0.5-1, NO3 - 5-10 (thats just where my tank stays, which i cant complain). I was seriously debating shutting everything down, even my small two nano tanks EVO 5 and 13.5, but I decided to hold out and just "start fresh" after the dust settled. I have been thinking about getting more coral, but I am nervous. I don't want things to die for unknown reasons. The current corals are starting to grow again, but I still have an unsettled feeling.

Anyway, thats my setup, and thank you all for posting! I will try to be better about posting stuff in the future. :)
Welcome to R2R!
I too am a long time lurker and first time poster!

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I have been on this site gathering too much information, and learning so much from the community. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

A little about my setup:
- 2x AI hydra26
- 2x maxspect xf230's
- ~80lbs reef saver rock
- 1"- 1.5" sand bed
- Aqua UV (forgot size)

Corals:
- Multiple Zoa's
- GSP

Fish:
- 2x Clowns
- 1x Tomini Tang
- 1x Yellow Wrasse
- 1x Scissortail Goby (had two, but one passed post 6mo of receiving it due to velvet)
- 1x (male) pink Lyretail Anthia (had a female, but she passed as well due to velvet)

You may be asking yourself, "that coral stock is low for the tank", and you would be right...

About 1.5-2mo ago had a mass die off of my SPS and other LPS, whats posted above, is what remained in the end. All params were in check ALK - 8.3-8.5, Ca - 440, Mag - 1250, PO4 - 0.5-1, NO3 - 5-10 (thats just where my tank stays, which i cant complain). I was seriously debating shutting everything down, even my small two nano tanks EVO 5 and 13.5, but I decided to hold out and just "start fresh" after the dust settled. I have been thinking about getting more coral, but I am nervous. I don't want things to die for unknown reasons. The current corals are starting to grow again, but I still have an unsettled feeling.

Anyway, thats my setup, and thank you all for posting! I will try to be better about posting stuff in the future. :)
Welcome to R2R!!!!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey All,

A little about my setup:
- 2x AI hydra26
- 2x maxspect xf230's
- ~80lbs reef saver rock
- 1"- 1.5" sand bed
- Aqua UV (forgot size)

Corals:
- Multiple Zoa's
- GSP

Fish:
- 2x Clowns
- 1x Tomini Tang
- 1x Yellow Wrasse

nice tank - do you like the Red Sea? - Welcome to the site.

OP
OP
TheGerm

TheGerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank - do you like the Red Sea? - Welcome to the site.

Absolutely!

I got creative in the sump area, after some google inspiration, but thats about it.

I cannot complain one bit about this tank, it was simple to setup and get running. If i do complain, it was probably my fault and not the tank or Red Sea haha.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back