Long weekend in the hospital

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty soon I will be breaking down the tank to switch the stand and to remove my internal overflow and switch to external. It should take me a couple days to set everything up and get the tank running. But I was thinking about setting up a hospital tank to put all my fish in. They are healthy for the most part but I never dipped them or quarantined them. I would like to take advantage of those few days and could even go a couple days longer if it’s worth it to posible do a course of one or several medications. I have noticed my lemon peal mimic tang ocasionally gets a big white spot currently right between the eyes. I think it may be a fungus or something. I really don’t know much about it. I’ve seen a few little dots on my blue tang that could be ick but otherwise the fish as a whole seem pretty healthy. Any recommendation as to any treatments? Freshwater dips, medication? I don’t know if I would be able to do anything as long as a track transfer method. After all there are eight fish and I think it wouldn’t want stress them out more than necessary.

EAF7A8C3-96F8-440F-92EA-08DF17A29105.jpeg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically, you have been what we call managing disease in the tank. Letting natural immune systems take care of issues. Many have success with this method. Unless you are actually going to leave the DT fish free (fallow) for 76 days or longer, treat all the fish for a minimum of 4 weeks, then I would not worry too much about it.
Make sure they are getting a proper and nutrient rich diet. Make sure the environment is suited for them and the stress will be minimized and fish can fight off most issues.
If the fish that exhibit symptoms are fine and recover, their immunity is doing its thing. No worries. If it gets out of control, then you treat. Honestly, I would not move them if you are successful the way it is. This will caused stress and possibly bring out latent disease.
Good luck!

Back