Longevity of our Marine Frends?

NeedBiggerTank

MTRC Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our tank has been up for a year and 10 months... and I find myself wondering how long some of my critters will live. Like Benny our flame tail blenny? Or Stinky, our Scarlet (Skunk) Cleaner Shrimp? Our our Nassarius snails? These have all been with us since the beginning.

I know some species of fish can live 12 - 15 years if well cared for - but typically the larger species.

Anyway, just curious - know some of you have had tanks going for many years and could shed some light on the subject.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of a few Fish (Tangs) that have been around for over 7 years that i know of as Mel has a Sailfin that originally came from Angela Short many years ago. And she had it for a long time,
Bill

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a Clarkii Clown that we've had since '99. She still spawns about every two weeks.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a clownfish live for 9yrs
And some of my tangs I've had im the pass lived for 8-10yrs and longest fish I've ever had was a an blueface angel for 12yrs.But I do remember a shark my uncle had when I was a kid lived for almost 20yrs old in his pet shop. I just moved to Tennessee when she past.

And as of right now my tangs in my tank are 5yrs old. And the ones I gave to Aquaruim restaurant are 10 yrs old or maybe older.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown CaptainD has came from a temporary owner(3 days) who said the previous owner had it 6 years. It's huge. I'd believe it. And it's way active so I think it's got a lot of life left in it, if the high nitrates it was in previously didn't shorten its lifespan. He seems really healthy now.
Oh, and Mel--that damsel you gave him is kind of afraid of the clown hahaha

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had clown fish and a huma huma trigger live for 8 years and then 4 more years in someone elses tank

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my old rimless tanks it was hours, sometimes days :) For some reason everybody wanted to do the leap of death. In my old 280 I had years ago I had a Sohol tang for over 5 yrs. Then one day he was just belly up, not sure why he died all other fish were healthy and fine.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who every got those golden strip marnoon clownfish pair from Rhett at the swap. They should going be have there 7th bday in sept. I would love to know got them because they use to be in mine tank. Love to see pics of them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back