Longnose hawk stopped eating

Mmun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a longnose hawk about six weeks ago from LFS. He ate while he was in QT. He was treated with Prazi in QT. I put him in the display tank about a week ago. He ate the first couple of days in the DT, but now has stopped. The only other medication I have on hand is API General Cure. I am thinking some other internal parasite??? Can you use General Cure as a bath? Mixing it with food isn't an option since he wont eat now. He just looks at the food as it floats by him. The particular tank he is in gets fed LRS and Mysis. What should I do?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen any white-stringy poop? Can you try live worms, fresh (frozen) clam, etc? Something just to entice him enough to start eating again so you can medicated his food?

Otherwise, you can put him back into QT and dose the water column with GC, and hope he perks up enough to start eating . To treat internal parasites, really need the medicine to reach the gut directly.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%
Back