Longnose Hawkfish vs Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, which one would you choose?

L.Hawkfish vs Cleaner Shrimp

• Longnose Hawkfish

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I made a big mistake. I was given a cleaner shrimp and as soon as I put him in the tank my hawkfish immediately took him. I didn't know about this fact. Feel so stupid now. But I'm considering rehoming the hawkfish to have another cleaner shrimp. But I wonder if it will have something more interesting than the fish, other than doing cleaning service.

What is your favorite, out of these 2?

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like having the option to have things like shrimps than a fish that eats shrimp - if I had to choose and couldn't keep multiple tanks. I just like shrimps too much and all the other tiny crustaceans that would be harassed by a hawkfish.

OP
OP
Subnautica

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like having the option to have things like shrimps than a fish that eats shrimp - if I had to choose and couldn't keep multiple tanks. I just like shrimps too much and all the other tiny crustaceans that would be harassed by a hawkfish.

Thanks. Do you think most butterflies will eat shrimp too? I have a doublesaddle.

Mattt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad I stumbled upon this post. I have a Longnose Hawkfish on my stocking list. Looks like I'm going to pick something else.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I didn;t think they had a big enough mouth for cleaner shrimp. I've been wanting to get a Flame hawk but haven't because I have 2 cleaner shrimp & 2 Fire shrimp.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hawk fish will cruise around the rocks and eat potential pests. Cleaner shrimp will eat coral if they’re hungry enough. The fish won’t. The cleaner shrimp will clean things and the hawk fish will get rid of pests. They both have benefits but I would choose the fish over the shrimp even though I love keeping shrimp. The shrimp just has more risks imo.

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pick the Longnose any day over a boring cleaner shrimp. Below is Dolph, have had him over 2 years , tending to corals in my Coral QT/grow out tank. Very personable fish.

0C765E97-626A-4751-8F09-B54C65FE9D07.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back