Look where I found 2 Baby Maxima Clams!!!!!!!

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, was cleaning my tank yesterday and saw an Astrea snail that the shell looked totally WEIRD! Got a flashlight to get a better look, and HOLY CRUD! it has 2 baby maximas attached! They both reacted well to the light, (closing when shadowed), so hopefully I'll be able to get them put in a good spot when the snail finally dies.
Have any of you folks seen this before??

-2652941548453605284.jpg

Bryson.bobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, was cleaning my tank yesterday and saw an Astrea snail that the shell looked totally WEIRD! Got a flashlight to get a better look, and HOLY CRUD! it has 2 baby maximas attached! They both reacted well to the light, (closing when shadowed), so hopefully I'll be able to get them put in a good spot when the snail finally dies.

-2652941548453605284.jpg
Score!

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew algae could attach to snails but I never imagined clams could. Thats awsome I was imagining last night putting a cheap zoanthid on one of my snails to see what happens. You might want to try remove the clams if you want to keep them I'm not sure how they will hold up being upside down etc like snails are

OP
OP
Phil D.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome, How long have you had that snail?
I have had it for 8 months and never noticed anything till now. As I said the clams seem to be doing ok. The way they are attached makes it impossible to get them off until snail dies and I can break the shell

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW Peach, IMO Red Sea Tanks are AWESOME!! I have a E-260 and just recently got an E-170 for the daughter
Thanks! Im going to save for a 350 or larger depending on if I have moved out by the time I polish this tank off. I have learnt a lot from my 30 gallon and want to learn the rest of the basics before I upgrade e.g. I learnt the importance of a open aquascape and quarenetene :)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

-2652941548453605284.jpg
OMG!!!!! I'm gonna kill my self, you have twins. Twin maximas. Kidding on the killing. Very cool. Thanks for sharing, comrade

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back