Lookinf for Opinions ( Pros and cons.) Jebao/Jecod SCP-90 SCP-90M Cross Flow Pump Wavemaker with WiFi Controller

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at Jebao cross flow pump wavemakers for a 45g fowlr tank. (36" long) (Jebao ONLY) Would like to to see PROS and CONS on the SCP-90 SCPM mainly. Icecap 2K very loosely and only because its Flow Rate: 739 to 2000 GPH feature. Thanks ALL

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO every gyre pump I've tried (Jebao & Maxspect) have had motors with way too little torque and that makes them difficult to put back together after cleaning.

AlphaOmega

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had the jebao gyre pump. I have used both the icecap and maxspect and both stopped working shortly after the warranty expired. was the motor on both that failed.

Hilltopreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used multiple types of Jebao pumps and power heads. All worked but failed to last. Ended throwing them in trash heap. I have a maxspect gyre. Alot of water movement but a pain to maintain. I still use one maxspect gyre and have two AI nero 5 pumps. Neros work well but don’t move as much water as a gyre. Much easier to maintain.

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with icecap. parts are easily available for repair. I have 2 x 3k in a 180 and they are great. When placed correctly (no air get in it) they are dead silent.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back