Looking fit critique on first aquascape

raelyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve attached a video of my first attempt at an aquascape. It’s for a 75 gallon rectangular tank that, long term, I’m hoping to be a full mix. I’m thinking, long term, soft and LPS heavy with a few SPS.

F2F6E372-0CF0-4410-B443-0A338F84C673.jpeg

My thinking (while freely admitting I don’t really know what I’m talking about)…
I’ve tried to leave a lot of holes and tunnels for hiding. I intentionally kept the right side much lower than the left for extra open swim space in addition to the front half circle. There are large~ish arches on the bottom left & right for flow from bottom powerheads.

There is only 1.5” open space on the sides. That seems to be big enough to get my current siphon around it to clean the substrate. Is that enough for long term thinking? There is more space in front and back.

One additional note: the tank is 21” tallhe aquascape is 15” on the left high point.

I’d appreciate any thoughts / concerns / critique. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4764.MOV
    38.6 MB

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve attached a video of my first attempt at an aquascape. It’s for a 75 gallon rectangular tank that, long term, I’m hoping to be a full mix. I’m thinking, long term, soft and LPS heavy with a few SPS.

F2F6E372-0CF0-4410-B443-0A338F84C673.jpeg

My thinking (while freely admitting I don’t really know what I’m talking about)…
I’ve tried to leave a lot of holes and tunnels for hiding. I intentionally kept the right side much lower than the left for extra open swim space in addition to the front half circle. There are large~ish arches on the bottom left & right for flow from bottom powerheads.

There is only 1.5” open space on the sides. That seems to be big enough to get my current siphon around it to clean the substrate. Is that enough for long term thinking? There is more space in front and back.

One additional note: the tank is 21” tallhe aquascape is 15” on the left high point.

I’d appreciate any thoughts / concerns / critique. Thank you
@raelyn I like it. How high is your tank?

Cheeze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks real nice! Especially with the caves!
Can you also send us a side shot? One lesson I learned, if you plan on having corals, is to space out the width as well so you have the real estate to "level" corals. Or course, that's provided your tank is wide enough.

But still looks awesome!

Cheeze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks real nice! Especially with the caves!
Can you also send us a side shot? One lesson I learned, if you plan on having corals, is to space out the width as well so you have the real estate to "level" corals. Or course, that's provided your tank is wide enough.

But still looks awesome!
Sorry! I missed the video before but see it now!

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it looks good but I’m not a fan of a one piece structure. I’d have a break in the middle with a channel in between the right and left sides with tapers into the sand. Give u the look front front view but 2 different structures. Or u can just add a small bommie to the front off center on the left side in front of the overhang / cave. Keep up the good work. Welcome to the salty side.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back