Looking For 250watt m80 hqi Metal Halide Ballasts

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to see if anyone has any of these laying around collecting dust. Still running Radium halides and would like to pick up a couple of extra ballasts as spares. Let me know if you have any that you are willing to part with.
Thanks.
Rob

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to see if anyone has any of these laying around collecting dust. Still running Radium halides and would like to pick up a couple of extra ballasts as spares. Let me know if you have any that you are willing to part with.
Thanks.
Rob
Do they not make M80’s anymore? Aquarium Specialty says they’re in stock?? Have they not updated their website in over a year? Gezz…

OP
OP
rc1626

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looking! Any Aqua Medic 250 reflex cubes or Hamilton m80 ballast or any other I’m not aware of. Hopefully in good shape and working.

If anyone has any info on where to get the transformer, igniter and capacitor, I will build it myself. Igniter and capacitors I believe can be found. Can’t find any m80 transformers at all.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rc1626

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pic of the Hamilton m80 transformer.

image.jpg

Mark in Ohio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still looking for these? I have 3 never used, brand new in box (from approx 2015) "Hamilton Cayman Sun Pendant 250 Watt Mogul 20K Radium System" (each includes ballast, bulb, and pendant fixture w/ LED "moonlight"). Here is a pic of the label on a ballast:

PXL_20231201_155617207.jpg

Mark

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back