• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Looking for a custom sump builder

NanoReefLovers

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi. I want to upgrade my sump and have the new one made with custom features. I did a google search but most places won’t do a custom. Does anyone here know of a place that does? I am in the Tampa Florida area in case there are any local places.

Fragtacular Sale
OP
NanoReefLovers

NanoReefLovers

View Badges
Reaction score
I have reached out to all 3 places. All 3 said no. 2 wont make real custom sumps. They make what they make and call it custom. They may add something but not truly custom. The 3rd place is backed up for the next few months and they won’t design what I want. I would need to design it and I am not sure I have the skills to do that.

I am open to other companies that do fully custom sumps. Thank you for the info so far.

Fragtacular Sale

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
What are you looking to customize? Just the overall size or something out of the ordinary?

You could customize a stardard size aquarium yourself and just add the baffles.

Sdot

View Badges
Reaction score
I have reached out to all 3 places. All 3 said no. 2 wont make real custom sumps. They make what they make and call it custom. They may add something but not truly custom. The 3rd place is backed up for the next few months and they won’t design what I want. I would need to design it and I am not sure I have the skills to do that.

I am open to other companies that do fully custom sumps. Thank you for the info so far.
Thats interesting..maybe this is new? I received last year a custom sump from Advanced Acrylics

45bravo

View Badges
Reaction score

Geo's Reef, hell do whatever you want just know if you venture outside of his normal sizes the shipping is going to cost you because it turns into freight.

A side note to that my custom sump from him I believe cost me another $800 not including the shipping that you'll be charged a week out from completion. Don't be scared by the price though you're going to get what you pay for. I'd only ever owned a standard calcium reactor from him before and now i ordered a custom sump, ATO reservoir, and calcium reactor.

Last edited:
OP
NanoReefLovers

NanoReefLovers

View Badges
Reaction score
Geo's Reef, hell do whatever you want just know if you venture outside of his normal sizes the shipping is going to cost you because it turns into freight.

A side note to that my custom sump from him I believe cost me another $800 not including the shipping that you'll be charged a week out from completion. Don't be scared by the price though you're going to get what you pay for. I'd only ever owned a standard calcium reactor from him before and now i ordered a custom sump, ATO reservoir, and calcium reactor.
Do you have some pics?

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

45bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have some pics?
Sorry I don't he's not done with them, it will be 10-12 weeks, he got pretty busy with his 4th of July sale. And I'm stuck out of the country at work because of the virus stuff, missed 2 vacations so far coming up on the 3rd. He posts on here, facebook and I think instagram. He'll do custom size, color, layout, algae scrubber, socks, rollers, refugiums, ATO reservoirs, media reactors, etc. you name it I'm sure hell do it. Its a one man show though so although it takes some time you also have one and only one person that's responsible for the quality so you wont have deviation. https://www.geosreef.com/

How important is it to recreate waves in your reef aquarium?

• Very Important

Votes: 109 24.0%
  • Somewhat Important

Votes: 153 33.7%
  • Not Too Important

Votes: 111 24.4%
  • Not Important At All

Votes: 79 17.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 0.4%

Online statistics

Members online