• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

looking for a few REASONABLY priced Tangs and a Lemonpeel Angel

cmross13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my main areas of interest in fishkeeping are Tangs. i have a few that i like, i have a few that i want. im not a fish farmer or trying to produce some uber-rare, ultra pricey hybrid, and idiotically named(looking at you Zoas), just looking to stock my tank and have something to come home to worth looking at. my display is a Red Sea Reefer 350, my "overkill" QT is a Red Sea Reefer 170. right now, the 350 has a few corals, the 170 is bare bottom running 0.5ppm Cupramine until my West Mariculture fakey shows up in the mail. at that point i'll add 1/2" clean sand bed and continue to treat with 0.5ppm Cupramine until i no longer need to QT fish.

all that being said...

im shopping for a good Purple, Yellow, or Tomini Tang. dont care if it was created in a lab by robots controlled by Tony Stark or under the Fiji Sun by god herself, if the price is right, i'll pay to have it brought to me and will eventually put it in a Steeler/Penguin/Pirate tank when its too big for mine... ;)

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome choice
my main areas of interest in fishkeeping are Tangs. i have a few that i like, i have a few that i want. im not a fish farmer or trying to produce some uber-rare, ultra pricey hybrid, and idiotically named(looking at you Zoas), just looking to stock my tank and have something to come home to worth looking at. my display is a Red Sea Reefer 350, my "overkill" QT is a Red Sea Reefer 170. right now, the 350 has a few corals, the 170 is bare bottom running 0.5ppm Cupramine until my West Mariculture fakey shows up in the mail. at that point i'll add 1/2" clean sand bed and continue to treat with 0.5ppm Cupramine until i no longer need to QT fish.

all that being said...

im shopping for a good Purple, Yellow, or Tomini Tang. dont care if it was created in a lab by robots controlled by Tony Stark or under the Fiji Sun by god herself, if the price is right, i'll pay to have it brought to me and will eventually put it in a Steeler/Penguin/Pirate tank when its too big for mine... ;)
Micheal @NYAquatic has some of the best purple tangs and a great price on 2 to 3 in gem tangs other high end talngs as well

@Biota_Marine has the best price on yellow tangs

Maybe try buying locally at lfs as well some of the best deals around are local ime maybe from another reefer

OP
OP
cmross13

cmross13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was already aware of Biota but thanks for the link to NYCAquatic! If I can’t find what I want locally I think I’ll be placing an order soon. As for LFS, mine wants $299 for Purple Tang and last Yellow they had was $599. It’s kind of a “Ritzy” neighborhood and a lot of people are willing to pay that. Unfortunately, I don’t live in that neighborhood and can’t afford to pay that, so I thought I’d try my luck here ;)

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock usa also has h
Good deals if your looking for a box lot you can get like any tang you want 20 fish a box for whatever the livestock price is plus a transhipping fee of like 200$ a box and then another 80 to 100 when u pick the box up so all together it would be like 900$ but you can get some nice things bird fish aka mitch has been doing wholesale since the early 2000s

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just gotta pick it up at an airport that can have clearance for inbound cargo. They even reox and re bag at lax holding facility and ship the fish copper treated water oxygenated

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd buy and rescue one from a Petco before I'd pay 299$ that's outrageous
Some people do it because they like that person and they dont mind paying to support that person's efforts or pay for quality but that seems a little steep for a fish that cost 55$ wholesale from the gulf of aidan

OP
OP
cmross13

cmross13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd buy and rescue one from a Petco before I'd pay 299$ that's outrageous
Some people do it because they like that person and they dont mind paying to support that person's efforts or pay for quality but that seems a little steep for a fish that cost 55$ wholesale from the gulf of aidan
actually did JUST that a few months ago, scored a massive(5-6") Ich covered Purple Tang from Petco for $50. got it home and in QT, fed the next day, and with 72 hours all the spots were gone. I feared the worst but in its 3 weeks in QT made a full recovery. unfortunately, 2 weeks later in DT it just dropped dead for unknown reason.

as much as i hate buying fish from Petco, im planning to hit all three local shops this weekend and see if i can find anything i like for bargain pricing.

OP
OP
cmross13

cmross13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock usa also has h
Good deals if your looking for a box lot you can get like any tang you want 20 fish a box for whatever the livestock price is plus a transhipping fee of like 200$ a box and then another 80 to 100 when u pick the box up so all together it would be like 900$ but you can get some nice things bird fish aka mitch has been doing wholesale since the early 2000s
i checked some of that stuff out and would be a good deal if i had a couple people wanting to split the costs, or had a 1,000 gallon tank that i could keep the fish in but im only looking for a couple more fish before converting my QT over to a Mixed Reef and my DT to FOWLR. if im spending a thousand bucks on fish i may as well just buy what i want via WYSIWYG retail and not roll the dice on DOAs, shipping from Kenya to LAX then to Pittsburgh, yada yada yada.

i do appreciate the information and link though. gives me a better idea on how far i can beat a dealer down on pricing lol

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are still looking, I am planning to do multiple orders with Livestock usa, not all at once though lol. Send me a pm with what kind of tang you are looking for now and I'll see what I can make happen

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s correct. And juvenile Atlantic Blue(which is also yellow lol)
Ok, there aren't any yellow or Atlantic blue. But I can get Purple tang.

Right now I cant get anything from Atlantic origin and Hawaiian origin.

I can get white tail kole, black zebrasoma tang, maybe gem tang, and a few other indian ocean tang. But hard to go thru the list on my phone lol

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back