• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for a few things...

kangadrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are setting up a 60 gallon cuttlefish tank for a school, and I'm going to need a few things to get the ball rolling on it. We have an established tank, but it's not quite ready for cuttlefish.

The big ticket items on the list are a new stand and canopy (which I will build), a sump (have the tank, need to get some glass and I can build it), a return pump (Mag 7 likely), some way to add flow (closed loop or powerheads), and a RO/(DI) unit. I'll need a mysis colony as well. Of course, the cuttlefish eggs as well - $50 something, plus $40 shipping.

Here's the tough part of this - I have $300 to play with. I'm going to call the LFS and see if I can have them order cuttlefish eggs, that will take off shipping costs. That'll have me at $250 or less, still.

I am looking for good deals on used equipment that will work for this tank. I do not want to ask for donations - I will certainly not turn them down but I will not ask for them.
Please let me know if you've got anything that can help out.
Drew

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back