Looking for a fish recommendation in a 30 gallon tank

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, looking for a reef safe, peaceful fish (can't attack shrimps, clams or gobies) that likes to eat algae for a 30 gallon tank.

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, looking for a reef safe, peaceful fish (can't attack shrimps, clams or gobies) that likes to eat algae for a 30 gallon tank.

Lawnmower blennys are awesome. They won't necessarily eat your algae, but they will eat off the rocks and glass and in the process get som algae. They have great personalities and are chameleons.

No really good algae eaters for smaller tanks I'm aware of. Tangs are best for that.

Screenshot_20211026-142637_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
H

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have two watchman gobies and I think he might not get along.

Tyler Flynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you currently have in the tank, and do you have a picture of your tank?
need a bit more info to make proper recommendations

OP
OP
H

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a clown fish w/ anemone, two watchman gobies w/ a randalli shrimp, a skunk cleaner shrimp, two star fish and a clean up crew of hermits/snails.

Tank is 1.5 years old, has a bit of algae in it, but otherwise is doing good. It's a standard petco 30 gallon tank in dimensions.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than a blenny, I'm not sure you can get a dedicated algae eater fish for that sized tank. You could get a tuxedo urchin though. Those things crush some algae!

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a clown fish w/ anemone, two watchman gobies w/ a randalli shrimp, a skunk cleaner shrimp, two star fish and a clean up crew of hermits/snails.

Tank is 1.5 years old, has a bit of algae in it, but otherwise is doing good. It's a standard petco 30 gallon tank in dimensions.
Maybe a picture? I'm looking for inspiration as into what to add into my aquriam next...

Tyler Flynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A court jester goby will eat some algae, but not a lot. The size of the tank really limits your algae eating fish options

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I don’t know if this is just mine but, my Escenius lineatus munches on algae growing on the back of my tank (Specifically hair algae) like it’s going to die off. This is the main reason I always leave algae to grow on Atleast one side of the tank when a Blenny is in there or even just any algae eater.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a YWG and a lawnmower blenny in my 30 gallon. The goby stays in the sand with the shrimp and the blenny stays on the rocks. They don't really interact with each other.

Back