Looking for a new 3d printer

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I've decided to go with the Ender 3 S1 plus and will look at an all metal hot-end down the track to give me more material options.
I got $20 all metal hot ends for my Enders and they're spitting out PETG like there's no tomorrow. I recommend: because it is better then: and

reddogf5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... being able to print the very occasional carbon fibre object.
CF is nearly completely useless in 3D printing. The CF doesn't link layers, so in the Z axis you have only the strength of the matrix polymer, even if you have one of the markforged printers that weaves a CF thread into each layer. You get some benefit if you are printing a plate, but a typical object that has bulk doesn't benefit.

OP
OP
firechild

firechild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CF is nearly completely useless in 3D printing. The CF doesn't link layers, so in the Z axis you have only the strength of the matrix polymer, even if you have one of the markforged printers that weaves a CF thread into each layer. You get some benefit if you are printing a plate, but a typical object that has bulk doesn't benefit.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense actually, thanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back