Looking for a simple water solenoid for RODI

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm mounting my rodi in my utility room to feed a rodi storage tank. I will be using a pressure booster.

I'd like a simple plug in solenoid that will turn water connection on/off based on an outlet timer. I want the system to run every so often, not a constant top off of I tank a small amount of water out.

Any suggestions?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I have an apex I use their solenoid. I turn the solenoid and the booster pump on and off every day to feed my top off container

OP
OP
Phyber

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I have an apex I use their solenoid. I turn the solenoid and the booster pump on and off every day to feed my top off container
I have an Apex Classic. Would I be able to run an eb4 to the rodi room and plug the Neptune solenoid in?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need a port like the ACC on the FFM . The EB4 does not have one.
The electrical connection on this solenoid valve fits the DC24 accessory ports found on the FMM, 1Link, and Energy Bar 832

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have the RO/DI Flood guardians and smart switches. It has a little eye that I put in my RO/DI and salt mixing storage container. When the water hits the level, it closes the solenoid. If the power goes out (or I turn the switch off), it closes the solenoid. I use z-wave switches but you could easily use a $10 wifi switch from Amazon or wherever. You could put it before your RO/DI or after. It is by all appearances the exact same solenoid that you get from Apex (I have one of those on my skimmer air intake).

OP
OP
Phyber

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that and emailed him...they said I would need a controller though...I'm not necessarily looking for a full service ATO res. controller....but I would put the water valve/water booster on a timer to run 3-4 hours a day at most. If the ATO res. is full, great, the rodi and booster turn off automatically and then the timer kills them until the next day.

I suppose there's the risk of the ATO res. going empty, but since this would be a dedicated ATO only setup, I doubt I could evaporate gallons per day (a 5g bucket lasts me about a week).

I am planning on adding a T in my utility room so I could still fill up a Brute for water changes manually.

mikem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1624370033518.png
1624370033518.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back