Looking for a suggestion on a new fish…

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 75 gallon mixed reef in the making and looking to add 1 more fish. Currently have:

3 PJ Cardinals
1 Yellow Watchman/ pistol pair
1 Dispar Anthias
1 Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse
1 Harptail Blenny
1 Molly Miller Blenny

Was originally thinking a Coral Beauty but don’t want to roll the dice with coral nipping. The Fairy, Harptail, and Dispar are the only open water swimmers, and the PJ’s stick to a corner, and the Molly to the rockwork. YWG is holed up with its shrimp. I’m thinking potentially:

Possum Wrasse
Pink Streak Wrasse
Midas Blenny

Any thoughts or other suggestions? Thanks!

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a bristletooth tang (white tail) a several months ago. So far a very good tank mate, active and very striking. There are a few bristletooth species and they are on the smaller side and should work well for a tang in your 75.

OP
OP
BAMatter

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a bristletooth tang (white tail) a several months ago. So far a very good tank mate, active and very striking. There are a few bristletooth species and they are on the smaller side and should work well for a tang in your 75.
Can you send me a pic of the fish in your tank? Not a close up, really just for size reference? I’m by no means Tang Police I just always preferred several smaller fish to larger fish. However, if it’s on the smaller size of tangs I’d definitely consider it… thanks for the recommendation I’ll definitely look into one of those!

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you send me a pic of the fish in your tank? Not a close up, really just for size reference? I’m by no means Tang Police I just always preferred several smaller fish to larger fish. However, if it’s on the smaller size of tangs I’d definitely consider it… thanks for the recommendation I’ll definitely look into one of those!
1663169866128.png

This was about a month after getting it. They're a tad pricey but no where near pricey like the Gem tangs and such. And there are other species that are cheaper. The bristletooth tangs max out around 6 inches. No idea how long they take to get that size. Assume it'll get to 4-5" in a couple years and then take a few more to get max if ever based on some shared knowledge.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back