Looking for a way to kill I MEAN catch my sally light foot crab....

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions?? It Killed my flame angel, PBT(!!!!), yellow tang,, flame angel. It’s bigger now, hides between rocks and waits for an expensive fish to cruise by and grabs it and pulls it in between the rocks. Worried cuz I have a med regal angel fish that’s a model citizen in my reef.....

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what’s worked for me and it’s almost free. Take a water bottle and cut the top off so there’s a nice crab size entry hole. Cut some little slits or holes in for a little bit of water flow and pop a small rock in the water bottle to weigh it down. Then put a deli shrimp in the back of the bottle at the dead end. Put the entrance near your crabs favorite hide out and when they go in for the shrimp grab it out

OP
OP
ReefHomieJon

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to catch it for At least 2 months now. Woke up this morning and caught him slippin’
085B56E3-A97E-4EAE-BCBF-C1F4211B24C9.jpeg

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently had a battle with an emerald crab. They say they are reef safe but not this guy. I tried for weeks to catch him and slowly watched my green zoa colony lose polyp after polyp! he also ate a big chunk of my lords acan. # nights ago i woke up at about 2 in the morning and decided to go see if i could see him doing his thing. To my surprise he was perched in the middle of my birds nest eating polyp after polyp. I slowly reached in and i guess he was to involved in destroying my birds nest that he didn't see me and bamm caught crab. He now lives in a fish only tank a friend has and i will also never put another crab in my reef other than hermits.

OP
OP
ReefHomieJon

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently had a battle with an emerald crab. They say they are reef safe but not this guy. I tried for weeks to catch him and slowly watched my green zoa colony lose polyp after polyp! he also ate a big chunk of my lords acan. # nights ago i woke up at about 2 in the morning and decided to go see if i could see him doing his thing. To my surprise he was perched in the middle of my birds nest eating polyp after polyp. I slowly reached in and i guess he was to involved in destroying my birds nest that he didn't see me and bamm caught crab. He now lives in a fish only tank a friend has and i will also never put another crab in my reef other than hermits.
Me too because I had an emerald crab in there at one point too. He was eating zoas AND SPS but they move slow and are much easier to catch but that sally light foots name is definitely fitting lol they move like ALI

Back