Looking for advice on my 5 month old 13.5 Evo. (warning LOTs of information)

OP
DannoOMG

DannoOMG

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Ya I am going to have to get creative if I get a refugium for this tank.

He is definitely taking his time around the tank. I also think I caught him sleeping under a rock when I woke up. The blenny and basslet seem to ignore him. Except the Basslet has stopped and stared at him for a bit and then moved on.

I will keep training him every day to maybe take some frozen food. I smash it up into fine pieces so they are bite size for him. *Fingers crossed*

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

Sharkbait19

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Sharkbait19

It didn't work... =(

I feel like a murderer.

I'm kind of mad that the guy at the store that said the ruby dragonette he had eats frozen food. I should have known better. So... maybe don't try this guy out unless you have a large source of pods.
I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Don’t beat yourself up over it, though. Oftentimes, we take risks and conduct experiment in our reefs, and that does unfortunately result in occasional deaths. I’ve been given advice in the past at various local fish stores that in hindsight, I wish I hadn’t listened to. As far as trying one out for myself, I probably won’t, even a captive bred one. My tank has such a large pod population, but there’s only so much room and surface area in a 13.5 gallon tank for the population to remain stable.

OP
DannoOMG

DannoOMG

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I thought a nano tank would be beginner friendly. I'm finding out they are harder to keep consistent than a larger tank.

The appeal of a tiny reef tank on my desk was huge but... I dunno. Maybe in the future I will go big.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

Sharkbait19

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I thought a nano tank would be beginner friendly. I'm finding out they are harder to keep consistent than a larger tank.

The appeal of a tiny reef tank on my desk was huge but... I dunno. Maybe in the future I will go big.
After a year in it should calm down, I really don’t have to do much for everything to be okay and stable in my tank at this point…but yeah I agree bigger sounds so much easier.

Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums