Looking for Aiptasia eating nudibranchs

Nyk Reed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a local source for berghia nudibranchs? I’ve had some success with aiptasia-x but would like to add another approach.
-Nyk

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salty underground is a good source. I don't know of anyone close around though. They are expensive, but they seem to be working for me slowly. Its amazing how quick the aptasia multiply.

OP
OP
N

Nyk Reed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It’s been an ongoing battle with aiptasia in this tank. I will check out salty underground.

Steven La Torre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also check out Reeftown.com, Jeff was great. I bought 3 nudis at the beginning of November and they multiplied a couple of times, now there is no Aiptasia to be found. Before i added to my tank i must have had around 50-60 Aiptasia. They were litterly about every 1/4 inch on the rockwork. They def work.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might also consider a Klein's Butterfly. I've had good luck with them and they don't die after all the Aptasia is gone. I keep SPS and never had any problem with them although they might go after softies or zoas.

DanielJameS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting ready to order some of these as well, no amount of physical treatment will cut it for me.

How long are y’all finding it’s taking the berghia to start going to town between purchase, reproduction etc?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was told 4 months, but absolutely saw the reduction within a month.

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered mine from salty underground will be getting them next week. hopefully this wipes them out for good

DanielJameS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are fish that are predatory on berghia, I don’t have any wrasses but do have a flame angel who’s a rock picker and an orchid dottyback, any of y’all notice any inhabitants that go after them? They’re way too expensive to gamble on that...

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salty underground is a good source. I don't know of anyone close around though. They are expensive, but they seem to be working for me slowly. Its amazing how quick the aptasia multiply.
Don't Use salty Underground ! had a batch of berghia die within a day or 2 of being in my tank...Owner said -he would make good on it and resend more..NEVER did...never replied to any follow up messages...

DanielJameS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't Use salty Underground ! had a batch of berghia die within a day or 2 of being in my tank...Owner said -he would make good on it and resend more..NEVER did...never replied to any follow up messages...

Wow this is news. I was planning on using them, they’re probably the most recommended for berghia that I’ve come across. I’m also trying to determine if berghia are overly sensitive to nutrients because I do have them keeping LPS and softies

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 15 small ones from there and should get them tuesday or Wednesday. I emailed them asking if nitrates were ok and they said yes since we drip acclimate them should be fine

DanielJameS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 15 small ones from there and should get them tuesday or Wednesday. I emailed them asking if nitrates were ok and they said yes since we drip acclimate them should be fine

Yeah my NO3 is like 5-7 so nothing crazy, PO4 is a little high though.

What size tank? Are the small the 1/4”?
Please report back on how it goes those are the ones i was debating on ordering. I know the progress with Berghia is slow but sure but they are definitely the only thing that’s going to eradicate this Aiptasia at this point, SO expensive though.

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my NO3 is like 5-7 so nothing crazy, PO4 is a little high though.

What size tank? Are the small the 1/4”?
Please report back on how it goes those are the ones i was debating on ordering. I know the progress with Berghia is slow but sure but they are definitely the only thing that’s going to eradicate this Aiptasia at this point, SO expensive though.
Will do and yeah your nitrates should be fine email them with any questions as I did and they responded pretty quickly. 75 gal tank and yes the 1/4 inch ones. I like the free shipping other places were 40$ just to ship

DanielJameS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do and yeah your nitrates should be fine email them with any questions as I did and they responded pretty quickly. 75 gal tank and yes the 1/4 inch ones. I like the free shipping other places were 40$ just to ship

I got a 125 and a pretty significant amount of Aiptasia, I’m probably going to have to order even more [emoji849]

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hope my hawkfish doesnt eat them all

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 4.2%
Back