Looking for Aiptasia eating nudibranchs

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them in yesterday and all looked alive and well. Some where bigger than the 1/4 size and they threw in a few extras as well. Dropped them in the tank after acclimated them and will see how it goes from here. Hope it works

DanielJameS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them in yesterday and all looked alive and well. Some where bigger than the 1/4 size and they threw in a few extras as well. Dropped them in the tank after acclimated them and will see how it goes from here. Hope it works

Awesome. Excited to hear how the progress goes [emoji1360]

OP
OP
N

Nyk Reed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some nudibranchs from saltyunderground and just received them. I followed the acclimation and introduction instructions. I’ll give an update if I see a reduction in aiptasia in the coming months.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered some from Reeftown. About 10 of them and acclimated them as specified. It’s weird, I can’t seem to find them but I see aiptasia disappearing in the tank during the day. So, I guess they work.

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered some from Reeftown. About 10 of them and acclimated them as specified. It’s weird, I can’t seem to find them but I see aiptasia disappearing in the tank during the day. So, I guess they work.
yeah it sucks not being able to see them to know if they are alive or not

SuperPro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only time I saw mine was after lights out, they seemed to hide while lights were on.

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only time I saw mine was after lights out, they seemed to hide while lights were on.
Yup I check on them at night and see a few moving around think most are buried in my rock work

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are like invisible predators!! Very rarely see, at first the aptasia population explodes, then one day you notice one area clean of aptasia, and all of a sudden you struggle to find an aptasia. It will take a few months, and coral will get stung from time to time, but they work!! I just hope they kill all of those things. I started with all dead rock, QT all coral, and fish, and still got aptasia!!

mbmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very good on eating aptasia if they can find them.
I have a 180gls that was full of aptasia a couple years ago and after a few months of adding the nudis looks like they were all gone. 6 months later you see one or 2 in places the nudis did not get them.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure they will not get them all. I think aptasia can live on rock that has been in a desert for a year or two then burned before going back into a tank!!

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get some but worry that my Yellow longnose would eat them for lunch. He is a voracious hunter and Loves to get Pods and worms and such. He however does NOT touch Aptasia.

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another reason they are hard to see is because when they eat the aptasia they change from white to the dark brown color from eating. I was told when they are white they dont have any aptasia in their belly. You can watch a YouTube video and see what I'm talking about.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some nudibranchs from saltyunderground and just received them. I followed the acclimation and introduction instructions. I’ll give an update if I see a reduction in aiptasia in the coming months.

any changes or thoughts on this? I am looking at putting an order in but not sure how this would work on a 20G. I don't have major aiptasia...just enough to be annoying and wanted to just do preventative maintenance of sort before the population get too large. I feed the fish heavy so usually the aiptasia are getting their share whether i like it or not.

Back