Looking for an adjustable weir for Aquatop Recife 24g

Tozame

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anywhere that sells an adjustable weir for an Aquatop Recife Eco 24g? I saw one in a thread and would love to know where to pick one up as the built in weir doesn't skim the surface no matter the water level. I attached the picture I found showing the weir in someone elses build from a really old thread. Any other alternatives to that could work to keep the surface from developing an oil film would be great as well.

Adjustable Weir.jpg

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can make one with acrylic sheeting and set the sheeting to your ideal water level and long enough to rest inside the entire length of your sump. No glue required if you have stuff pushing against the plate enough to make a mini dam for that 1/4" or whatever of water to be held up.

Alexwlwsn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be a good 3d printing project. I'd say I could whip something up for you but I'm not overly confident I'd have the ability to make it adjustable for your specific water height.

I made something similar for my tank to keep smaller shrimp from falling into the rear sump area, although it does not raise the height of the actual water level which can pour back into the filter -
PXL_20230206_164050494 (1).jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back