Looking for another anemone

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called 6 places and the prices are crazy high.
The lowest price I heard was $65 for a green BTA that is bleached out. Next was $85 for a green BTA that was about 3" across max...

I don't know if I am just used to Wisconsin prices, but seems like everything in Texas is over priced.

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called 6 places and the prices are crazy high.
The lowest price I heard was $65 for a green BTA that is bleached out. Next was $85 for a green BTA that was about 3" across max...

I don't know if I am just used to Wisconsin prices, but seems like everything in Texas is over priced.
I am originally from Wisconsin and went back up for a visit a couple months ago, the prices I saw up there were nearly 1/3 of what I pay for the same things in VA. I think you are just used to the prices

OP
OP
KorD

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am originally from Wisconsin and went back up for a visit a couple months ago, the prices I saw up there were nearly 1/3 of what I pay for the same things in VA. I think you are just used to the prices
I was seriously debating getting onto my motorcycle and heading up to the frag swap in Milwaukee tomorrow..lol

I'm working on buying a saltwater fishing license so I can go get a few gulf rock flower anemones in a couple weeks.. I want to start a local Texas only tank. From what I hear.. peppermint shrimp can be scooped up by the dozens, and porcelain crabs are running around everywhere

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was seriously debating getting onto my motorcycle and heading up to the frag swap in Milwaukee tomorrow..lol

I'm working on buying a saltwater fishing license so I can go get a few gulf rock flower anemones in a couple weeks.. I want to start a local Texas only tank. From what I hear.. peppermint shrimp can be scooped up by the dozens, and porcelain crabs are running around everywhere
Make sure you post pics if you get it up and running!

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those prices are outrageous! I paid 50 bucks for a massive GBTA (in profile pic). It’s super healthy too! I can’t imagine spending more than that, more-so for a bleached one.

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those prices are outrageous! I paid 50 bucks for a massive GBTA (in profile pic). It’s super healthy too! I can’t imagine spending more than that, more-so for a bleached one.
After my last trip to Wisconsin I came back with a maxima clam and a few corals, I couldn't believe how cheap they were compared to the prices I pay here. Sometimes I wish I had never left, that and the fact I'm convinced nobody outside of Wisconsin knows how to make an old fashioned

OP
OP
KorD

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my last trip to Wisconsin I came back with a maxima clam and a few corals, I couldn't believe how cheap they were compared to the prices I pay here. Sometimes I wish I had never left, that and the fact I'm convinced nobody outside of Wisconsin knows how to make an old fashioned
What store did you go to? Best fish is an amazing store. It just sold, but Brian was the best owner I have ever met.
You are right about old fashions... It's lile WI people were born to make those drinks. I really miss living by the Sprecher brewing company. Loved their events, and the fact Milwaukee has a 10day concert every summer.. can't get that down here!

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What store did you go to? Best fish is an amazing store. It just sold, but Brian was the best owner I have ever met.
You are right about old fashions... It's lile WI people were born to make those drinks. I really miss living by the Sprecher brewing company. Loved their events, and the fact Milwaukee has a 10day concert every summer.. can't get that down here!
I went to just pets in Appleton, they had a good selection there and the owner was really nice. I wish they sold New Glarus outside of Wisconsin, I just finished my last spotted cow and it's going to be a while before I can get more

OP
OP
KorD

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to just pets in Appleton, they had a good selection there and the owner was really nice. I wish they sold New Glarus outside of Wisconsin, I just finished my last spotted cow and it's going to be a while before I can get more
I haven't had New Glarus in over two years.. when we moved to Texas my wife called me crazy. It's driving me nuts because I can't find a good beer down here. All these micro breweries suck.

Oddly enough the thing I miss the most about up there is the Kringle.

Appleton pets was a bit far from where I lived, but it was a good store. I was there a couple times picking up harder to find stuff.

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had New Glarus in over two years.. when we moved to Texas my wife called me crazy. It's driving me nuts because I can't find a good beer down here. All these micro breweries suck.

Oddly enough the thing I miss the most about up there is the Kringle.

Appleton pets was a bit far from where I lived, but it was a good store. I was there a couple times picking up harder to find stuff.
I have yet to find a substitute to satisfy my craving for New Glarus Belgian Cherry, I was so disappointed when I went up because it's out of season and nobody had any left.

OP
OP
KorD

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yet to find a substitute to satisfy my craving for New Glarus Belgian Cherry, I was so disappointed when I went up because it's out of season and nobody had any left.
Next time you head up check out their website.. it gives a schedule of what they are making and when

Back