• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for Beginner Soft Corals

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son is starting up his first tank, and he is currently in the diatom brown ugly phase. When he finishes up I wanted to try and find some beginner friendly soft corals, but they just aren't available at any of our LFS. Our LFS are all super LPS/SPS heavy, with almost no softies. I'm willing to order online, but if I can pick up from a local hobbyist that would be awesome.

Looking for anything super beginner friendly, specifically leathers, xenia, cloves, neon GSP, zoas etc... We are near Charlottesville, but willing to drive for the right piece.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet would be to start out with some mushrooms. They are nearly impossible to kill as long as your keeping parameters stabile and testing.
Just make sure you get something your going to want to keep as they can really take off and propagate fast.

OP
OP
Fink

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had forgot about mushrooms, but yeah, he really likes the one ricordea in my tank.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had forgot about mushrooms, but yeah, he really likes the one ricordea in my tank.
For sure there are some really nice ones. And you can feed them shrimp as well he would probably get a kick out of that.
I'd check out local reef clubs around you they may even have one here at reef2reef and see what's available.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not worth the gas money to come out specifically, but if you ever find yourself near the Roanoke area, I'd be more than happy to give you guys some beginner corals. Your best bet is probably to check out the RVA facebook group as there are a few members that live towards your neck of the woods that would probably love to help you guys out.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back